beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Ok guys...this is my first jump over to the miscellaneous board, so here we go...

Here's the deal: For those of you who don't know, I'm a college student (a Jr. at Middle Tenn. State U). Spring Break starts March 20th. Me and some of my buddies and fraternity brothers are going to Panama City Beach for the week. All well and good, right??

Wrong...I'm a poor college student...much of which can be attributed to my love for cigars and addiction to CBid!!! My CBid addiction kinda blew the money that I'd thought I'd saved for the trip...I need money to pay for it!

Anybody got any decent ideas as to how I can raise about $200 in two weeks? Jobs are very hard to come by in this college town, by the way. I know this is crazy, but hey...I've done crazier things.

I've thought about selling some 'gars, but that kills me to think of!

johnfs
22 years ago
rasdas
22 years ago
Be a "Man-Whore" and use that "Man-gina"...

RasDas

Joe
puskarich
22 years ago
LOL...Man-gina....that was a funny movie.

BTW, if you figure out how to raise $200 in 2 weeks (without working), you let all of us know.
donutboy2000
22 years ago
Find a sugar daddy.
mrtelcom
22 years ago
Put on some work clothes, go to a neighborhood, and look for some hourly work in someones yard. I never had a "job" growing up, but I cut a lot of grass and made good money. Better money than working somewhere.

I read in the paper how the job market is the worst for teens in 50 years, yet I still don't have any coming by my house and looking to cut grass, trim bushes, pet sit, etc.

rasdas
22 years ago
All kidding aside...MrTelCom has some good info...

And yeah...i dont see that happening around my neighborhood either...

RasDas

Joe
usahog
22 years ago
what Tele said.. Spring brings spring cleaning.. door to door working yards for the elderly... raking and cleaning up some of folks yards who soon will be out doors more... you'll pick up the cash in less than 2 weeks with that one...

Hog
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
beta362

first stop crying. do you want cigars or spring break where you can get drunk and throw up.

second don't take the trip that you already spent the money you had saved. try studying instead.

third i can't belief their isn't a job in any town if you get off your ass out and look for one.
Cavallo
22 years ago
beta:

a few ideas from my own college days --

- donate sperm

- give plasma for pay (most places still pay for plasma; blood you donate, but plasma gets the dollahs)

- contests? any $50 for the best karaoke singer or contests like that near you?

- put up signs offering to type up term papers (you'd be surprised)

- if you have a campus job place, go there and see if they have anything; a lot of folks want to hire college students to help them move, paint, do odd jobs, etc.

- put up a flyer in groceries and laundromats advertising what kind of work you can do -- yard work, help moving, tutoring, whatEVER you can do.

- ditto the above, only advertise to be a "gopher" for the elderly and shut in: note that you could run errands, do grocery shopping, take them to doctor appointments, etc.

and if nothing's going on with all that, consider:

- pawn shops: esp. if you need the money now but will make some or have some later on. you can hock your stuff and get it out later.

- payday loans: if you have a job, you can get an advance. thing is the interest is through the roof, but it's an option if you just gottahavethemoneyNOW!

- student loan: some schools will give their students short-term loans. usually this is emergency based only (your car broke and you commute, etc.), but some schools will loan like up to $300-500 w/o any questions. again, though, ya gotta pay it back.

- college "garage" sale: get rid of some of the crap you don't need and make some $, assuming you have tag sale type stuff to get rid of.

- hit up friends and family members. ask for loans or, better yet, ask them for $ in exchange for some service you can do later (this summer) -- housework, babysitting IOU, whatever

- if you can find a place willing to let you use their hose, grab a bucket and sponges and do a weekend carwash "for the cause." what cause? 'CAUSE YOU NEED DA MONEY!

good luck, bro. honestly, if i had to give i'd just send it to ya. :/
Cavallo
22 years ago
DOH! can't believe i forgot this one: TEMP AGENCIES.

register at as many as there are near you, and then call them early (0800) on any day that you're available to work.

you can do admin work (typing, filing, data entry) or manual labor.

if there's a Labor Ready agency near you, you can pretty much find work every morning, so long as your body can hack it, coz it ain't glamorous -- cleaning up construction sites and such.

the pay is crap for manual work, but as an admin temp i usually made around $10-14/hour.
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
Fourth----Call Rickamaven. He's got plenty of loot & needs a bird-sitter.

Fifth----Get a hold of Robby. He wants a little companionship & will let you lead on the dance floor.

Sixth----Find Pabloescabar asap! Runs a phone sex establishment out of his house & can get you earning top $$$ in no time. Just ask Buddha & Cavallo!
Cavallo
22 years ago
hey, now, just coz you're our biggest customer, sugah deddy. 😉 *muah* big kiss.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
Cavallo- haha yeah, i'm already planning the plasma thing...i've done it before.

Rick- First, i'm not crying...just getting some extra advice from you guys... I've already got ideas of my own.
Second, I'd like to spend a week just partying with my buddies and yes, getting drunk! By the way, I don't need to take the week studying... I think my 3.8 GPA and 5 consecutive Dean's List semesters will do me just fine. Besides, I'll only be in college once...I might as well make the best of my opportunities here. Work hard and party hard!!
Third, throwing the word "lazy" anywhere near my direction is laughable. Also, think about it...I go to school in a college town...the labor supply here for student-jobs greatly outweighs the demand.

I ran my own lawn service in high school for 2 years and made good money doing it...but that'd take way too long to set up here (not to mention I'm not here inthe summers).
Thanks for the advice guys.
beta362
  • beta362
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
22 years ago
hmmmm but I think I'll go with the man-ho gig.
Cavallo
22 years ago
by the way, you guys, beta here's not some whiny little prat -- he's a good, decent guy and a true BOTL. knowing him, i think it took a lot of cojones to post this here -- so if ya's have any serious ideas to help the guy out, he's worth of 'em.
usahog
22 years ago
I honestly thought mrTeles and my idea were ligit.. and wasn't slamming in any way???

sorry if it came across that way
good luck on your journey...
Hog
pabloescabar
22 years ago
Dude, come on yous a college what? lets just say Im very good at giving advise and making money. well in college I would wash cars,its like this find a corner and put up a sign and have atit. the other thing is yous can create a lottery, get people to give you money for a ticket with a number on it.then they are under the impression that they have a chance to win a tv or what ever you think that they may want to win. Its kinda up to you when and if the prize is actually given out, day and times may very. work every time, but you did't here that from me.
Cavallo
22 years ago
hey, hog -- no no no... i didn't see you or mrT's (heh... Mr. T!) ideas as being a slam.

i just didn't want to see the "quit'cha bitchin" type message from rick get repeated is all.

sorry for the confuzzlement. 🙂
pabloescabar
22 years ago
No really it works every time.

GUARNTEED!
Users browsing this topic