RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
without discussing his politics, period.

without discussing the merits of capital punishment, period.

several years ago,in texas, a woman was to be executed for murder. she had, at least on the surface, found god and pleaded with little w, "please don't kill me governer bussh." he was heard to mock the woman, mimicking her voice with "please don't kill me governer bush."

last week at a speech, he was seen to mock wmd. are they here, no. are they under here, no. this after 500+ of our troops have been killed.

i mentioned once before, that as a child he would explode frogs withe firecrackers, and was poo pooed by some on this board.

this quasi man has no sense of decency. what he finds amusing is not unlike a high school bully. if he were not considered president and was just hanging around with the guys, who would find him funny? perhaps a few drunken buddies, certainly no one with any sense of decency that was not part of his group at the bar.

whether you are for or against capital punishment or for or against the war in iraq, certainly a person about to be executed or the death of 500+ troops is not a joke.
MACS
22 years ago
Why I LOVE President Bush and am happy that he is my Commander in Chief:

See above post^.

:-)

You need a person in the white house that ain't afraid to kick ass and take names. Names optional. Rick-- you can hate him if you want, but it's men like him that keep this country speaking english.

If the woman was on death row, she deserved to die. If she truly "found Jesus" before she died, then she wouldn't have been afraid to die.

My $.02
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
Shawn, your comment on the muderess was right on.

Rick, I was going to buttress your post because some of it has merit but considering the ugly alternative, I'm not going to give fodder to the enemy.

blood

PS: Besides, I'm leaning towards Dubya since he sent me a photographed picture of him & Laura thanking me for my past support. I'm so shallow, aren't I?

PPS: Guess my being a founding member of "The Friends of Dan Quayle Club" is paying off...
pabloescabar
22 years ago
quayle, thems birds right?
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
Better than that ostrich on the Democrat's side.

Pablo, you're gonna have to tell me more about yourself one of these days. Are you a latino, do you live in Hawaii, how long smokin' ceegars, do you own a dictionary? Sorry, just had to get that one in.

Please excuse the interruption, Rick, but I am curious about the man known as Pabloescabar.

blood

CanyonDVM
22 years ago
As far as the murderess goes, being forgiven in no way implies that you don't have to face the consequences of your actions. It merely means that after the consequences are carried out you get to go to a better place.
CanyonDVM
22 years ago
Having spent 4 years on a fast attack submarine during the height of the cold war I have seen people joking during the most dire situations. If you're busy sweating, whinning or crying you can't do your job. That significantly increases your chances of you, and all your buddies, dying. Also looking under his desk for WMD's is poking fun at himself, not the troops. I have a son in the Navy, he was in the Persian Gulf on 9/11, a good friend in Tikrit and several kids I lead in Cub Scouts in the Marines in Iraq and Afganastan right now. If I thought Bush was laughing at the troops I'd be the first push for impeachment!!!!!
usahog
22 years ago
Rick, Macs is Right on with what he said!!!!!!

That Woman and CBN, Pat Robertson and Club did their best to try and have Bush give this woman a "Stay" but in all she was convicted and guilty under the laws of the State, and Federal Constitution... here on earth her crimes were forgiven when her sentence was carried out... now in Heaven (if she truely found God) she will either be forgiven or she will Not... Only God knows...

Now about the Military loss's since the War on Terror began this was not Bush's doing this was something in the works way before Bush took Office... all you can rebuttle is how many we have lost in Iraq... We have lost many a military members in Afganistan, Somolia,Sudan,Egypt, New York, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, should I/Need I go on??? Did you happen to catch my post on the Pirates over 200 yrs ago??

I have another story I will share with all.. another thread....

Hog
jackconrad
22 years ago
rick your obvious predjudice against republicans is niether refreshing or enjoyable. Your bantereing would be suited better to the WWF. I hope you learn to be more openminded in the future.
smelly4tay
22 years ago
I have said this before, and I will continue to say it:


...A President should command attention. When he speaks, and when 10 channels have his mug up-close-and-personal for the country to see....He better make me stop what I am doing, and sit down-to-watch. Clinton had it before he had to waste his time answering blow-job questions....but Bush DOESN'T have it. How can one individual have so much power, and not command attention.

Bush has the stature of a goat.
McCain has the stature of a glass-eatin MF'er.

...Please explain why

RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
you have all missed the point.

you have interpeted everything i said that was neutral into what you wanted to read.

i said nothing about the merits or demerits of capital punishment.

MACS(SW)"If the woman was on death row, she deserved to die. If she truly "found Jesus" before she died, then she wouldn't have been afraid to die."

bloody spaniard "Shawn, your comment on the muderess was right on."

CanyonDVM "being forgiven in no way implies that you don't have to face the consequences of your actions."

usahog "Rick, Macs is Right on with what he said!!!!!!"

jackconrad

now if someone will point out where i said she should
be executed or not executed, your posts will follow the thread and not divert it to something else.

my thread was not about this woman or wmd, it was about the insensitivity, the child like sense of humor, and the lack of respect for the lives of people.

i see no rebutal to my thread, but some blatherings about capital punishment and a thought litle w was making fun of himself, not the soldiers who were killed because of his obsession with war.

lincoln was wrong.






jackconrad
22 years ago
but is condolezza rice an alien ?
MACS
22 years ago
canyondmv had the rebuttal right on -- gw wasn't being insensitive, he was trivializing, which is sometimes necessary in order to handle things emotionally.

I walked into a room to see three dead people with half their heads blown off. In order to keep from losing my chow, I made a joke. My fellow patrolmen laughed instead of puking or crying. Some people handle things differently. Maybe joking about it is how he is able to sleep at night.
barryneedleman
22 years ago
Rick,

I definitely am not a fan of GWB. I agree with you regarding making fun of the woman on death row. Definitely insensitive to the life and death situation. The incident regarding WMD does not bother me in the least. He took a very active POLITICAL issue regarding the reasons for going to war and made fun of himself. I do not feel that he was trivializing a life and death situation but making fun of himself using a hot topic.
JonR
22 years ago
Yo Rick: If you hate GW for blowing up a frog, you must really hate the french. They not only KILL frogs but they also EAT their legs, eeewww..shudder..gasp. As far as that murderess bitch ( did she give her victim a chance to find God ) here's to her..Ding Dong the Bitch is Dead, which old Bitch, the Evil Bitch, Ding Dong the Evil Bitch is DEAD. "School yard bully " is that why you hate President Bush so much, did a school yard bully named Bush give you a wedgy or pull your pants down in front of the girls, huh huh. JonR
pabloescabar
22 years ago
Jonr, What! huh? cool. got to love the smash mouth acktion,
that ones for you blood.

only the love I have for my BOTL&SOLT is latino BOO...
BASOTL
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
Pablo, you're gonna have to tell me more about yourself one of these days. Are you a latino, do you live in Hawaii, how long smokin' ceegars, do you own a dictionary? Sorry, just had to get that one in.

Please excuse the interruption (again!), Rick, but I am curious about the man known as Pabloescabar.



Fire away Mr. Pablo.

blood
RICKAMAVEN
22 years ago
bloody spaniard

i am also interested in the life and times of pabloescobar moskowitz. he is obviously a spanish jew.
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
You kill me, Rick.




No, you REALLY kill me. 😉

blood
Cavallo
22 years ago
shawn, i know the "gallows humor" you're talking about -- it's necessary, abusolutely.

but look at it this way -- you wouldn't have made a joke if those people's FAMILY had been there. it's a case of there's a time and a place.

i don't know what wmd thing y'all are talking about -- i didn't see it. but it SEEMS that rick took that as basically making a "gallows humor" comment in front of the family (or families of dead soldiers in this case).

and if that's what happened, then i'd be horrified as well. if that's what bush was doing, he deserves to be impeached.

but it looks as though there are other ways to interpret whatever it was that he did.

that said, WHAT DID HE DO? when/where did he do it?
Users browsing this topic