Robby
  • Robby
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
For me, I take it seriously, but I don't belong to a gym or anything. I use basic things. I do push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, basically anything with an up in it fits my physical fittness program, unless of couse your talking screw-up or f-up... That and of course stairs, and joging... Not bad for an old man. How do you stay fit? And if you don't, YOU SHOULD!!
jjohnson28
22 years ago
I lift weights


































12 to 16 ounces at a time...LOL
puskarich
22 years ago
I'm a gym rat. Cardio 2 days a week and weights 2 days a week.

For Cardio, I go to a class called Body Pump. I used to be really skeptical regarding any kind of aerobic class. I always thought it was "just for chicks". However, I took this class once and it tore me up. 1 solid hour of intense aerobic activity with a weighted barbell. You vary the intensity by how much weight you put on the bar. You hit every body part: chest, quads, bis/tris, etc for about 6 min each. You know you are in for a workout when you load up a bar and do squats non-stop for 6 min straight.

As for weights, I just do the regular stuff. Usually free weights only. Dont care much for the machines.
xrundog
22 years ago
I am still recovering from shoulder surgery. I'm doing the stationary bike and VERY light weight training. It's going good.
CanyonDVM
22 years ago
Used to run but the knee's don't take it that well. Nordic Trac now and love it. Takes alittle while to get the coordination but not pounding and has some upper body work. I'm 51 for reference purposes.
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
....i eat lots of donuts.....
bloody spaniard
22 years ago
^That's my boy! How are your twins doing?

I pound the bag now & then. Sometimes I use gloves.
Guess I'll never be a hand model.

Robby, how's your marathon training coming along?

blood
plabonte
22 years ago
I go to the local YMCA and do weights and take aerobic classes. It may sound silly but I really enjoy step aerobics. It really helps with coordination when you are on the dance floor and the room is filled with women. I also like the Cardio Kickboxing classes they have.
Schmitty22
22 years ago
YMCA - 4-5 times a week . Treadmill 20-30 minutes running and weights and basketball after twice a week with a few other old farts like me. Helped me lose 50 lbs and keep it off 🙂 ...
al'Thor
22 years ago
chocolate donuts - the breakfast of champions...I miss the old SNL....


I just play hockey....when you have such a finely sculpted body like mine, you don't need much. I'm so chiseled....I gave LFD the idea for their cigar...
RDC
  • RDC
  • Herf-A-Holic
22 years ago
Pre-marriage, I use to go to the gym 4-5 days a week.

Post-marriage and kids, I chase the kids around.

The Atkins diet has helped greatly. To date I hav lost 30 lbs. I have been on the maintenance end of it.

With summer coming, a LOT of yard work:-(

Aerobic sex always helps too:-)
AZ-Ron
22 years ago
Pear is a shape! 🙂
Backpack and hike...
& lots of 12oz curls for definition in my arms..
AZ
AZ-Ron
22 years ago
oh yeah and once a week I go to the mall w/ wife and daughter.
AZ
Hey Plabonte,
About the aerobics classes.... I've been there... ya just gotta get there late so ya get a spot in the back of the room for a better view 🙂
AZ-Ron
22 years ago
Yeahhhhh I like to go to the "Y" for a work out 🙂
But if I can get in once a week I am lucky...
ya know how wives are!
AZ
Sonny_LSU
22 years ago
blood, they are doing great! Thanks for askin'!
But, they, for some reason, don't think I need to sleep 🙂

Seriously, I lift at the 'Y' 4 days (M,T,W and F) a week.
Homebrew
22 years ago
I Hike,
and white water canoe. Occasionaly, 2-3 days a week, I chase college girls around, at the track. LOL
They increase my motivation.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
fritzthetiger
22 years ago
I lift weights 5 days a week and do aerobics two. I usually get to the gym at 600 and am out by 900. I eat a strict regimen six days of under 20g of fat and very low simple carbs. I try to eat 2X the amount of protein for mass (my weight 250 x 2 = 500g). Also Sex doesn't hurt either!
Fritz
plabonte
22 years ago
AZ-Ron I found that you have to get to class early to get to the back. Otherwise you wind up dead front. Maybe the women get there early to check me out....oops I must be dreaming again. Time to wake up and get back to work.
BeatDragon
22 years ago
By the looks of me, nothing. Im getting tired of breaking lawn chairs just by sitting in them. And I think I heard my drum stool screaming the other day. I do play softball one night a week, and a good 4 hour band session gets me all sweated up, but need to start with the running and cycling again.
428cj
22 years ago
I seriously lift weights and drink a 'diet' whiskey...
Well, I lift the weights anyway.
Users browsing this topic