al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
Hey, bro - what was that scotch that you gave me a while ago?? I'm finally breaking into it tomorrow w/ a gorgeous San Cristobal La Punta to enjoy my first Father's Day!
billyjackson
22 years ago
Congrats on your 1st Father's Day!!!!

It was The Balvenie Doublewood. My first bottle of scotch and what I will swear by for ages. Don't know if it is readily available in any of the bars. I got my bottle for around $50 here in Waco. Well worth it.
billyjackson
22 years ago
Of course, come to think of it....you'll have to find it in a bar. Hooch stores are closed on Sundays in TX.
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
um... I still had the stuff you gave me. Sipped it with my San Cristobal La Punta last night and man, both were amazing. That stuff was SMOOTH as silk! I can still close my eyes and remember the lovely aroma. Thanks bro!
al'Thor
  • al'Thor
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
22 years ago
BTW, you comin' up tomorrow? Some of the Dallas Cigar Society guys are herfin' and I need a buddy....bring your woman too!
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
Balvenie is my favorite scotch. I've got about 60 bottles now in my collection but always reach for some Founder's Reserve, Doublewood, Single Barrel,Islay Cask, or PortWood. I try to save the 1966 for a bit more special occasions. Really good stuff!
billyjackson
22 years ago
AVB..........

How's the Portwood....Dying to try it but no bar I know has it!!!!!


Ethan, coming up....meeting a couple friends myself. When/where is the herf?

no promises
AVB
  • AVB
  • Aficionado
22 years ago
Actually, I like the Islay Cask a bit better. If you can imagine the Double Wood as more refined and smoother you'll have an idea about the PortWood. I had to go out of state to find my bottle so you may have to go that route also.
Robby
22 years ago
AVB, can you prove that the PortWood is smoother and more refined than the double wood? What are your sources?
Users browsing this topic