SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Wed, Oct 13 was scheduled to be the opening night of the hockey season, but ...

No one has commented on this so far ... does that mean no one noticed ??? Is there no one who cares ??
bassdude
21 years ago
It hurts too much to comment.
Bakery87
21 years ago
Just keep yourself occupied with the more supreme sport... baseball. or watch college football, go BUCKS!
bigbike
21 years ago
I for one am so sick and tired of paying outrageous sums of money to sit in person at sporting events. The whole thing makes me sick. Big babies crying poor while they make $100,000/yr or more. Owners of teams who get greedy and charge more each year for the privelage of sitting in their new-cause as God knows we certainly can't watch hockey in a 20 plus year old stadium (P.S. dont tell that to the Canadian fans or NY fans who's old stadiums seem to be just fine)-as well as because they simply want to make another mil or two.

I have had it with all mens pro sports. I gave up on Basketball and now watch ONLY WNBA games or mens (and womens) collegiate ball. I do not care whether it is hockey, baseball, basketball or what ever. I have had it with the attitude that the fans will just fork over more money. These players need to grow up and realize that the people paying their salaries are only making $$$$$ a year (for the most part) and not millions.
bassdude
21 years ago
baseball bores me. I prefer a man's sport. I do enjoy college and pro football but nothing has the fast pace and excitement o hockey.
dkeage
21 years ago
I do some work for the local minor league team. I often get tickets and alway enjoy the games. It's just not taken root in the south like football.

They say with the NHL work stoppage, we should have better players for the local team (Houston Aeros). I have tickets to the home opener on Sat., and will be interested to see.

dkeage
SteveS
  • SteveS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
=======================================================
Author: bassdude Date: 10/15/2004 11:58 AM
baseball bores me. I prefer a man's sport. I do enjoy college and pro football but nothing has the fast pace and excitement o hockey.
=======================================================

While our opinions differ about baseball, we seem to agree about football and hockey ... I also enjoy NCAA mens basketball, but pay little attention to the NBA

I'm gonna miss the hockey season ...


bassdude
21 years ago
I have watched 2 baseball games this year and attended one. All 3 at the request of my 8 year old son. He wanted to watch the Cards beat up on the Stros the last 2 nights. I try to attend a game at least once every 3 years.

I also enjoy collegiate basketball.

I'll be at the MNF game - GO RAMS!!!! I do at least root for the home team(unless they are playing the Pack)
Double D
21 years ago
Plenty of interest in professional hockey here, as our Milwaukee Admirals tonight begin defense of their 2003-4 American Hockey League (AHL)Calder Cup Championship, with a matchup against their arch-enemies, the Woofs from FIB-land...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7265&mode=threaded&order=0 

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/oct04/266473.asp 

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/etc/oct04/266447.asp 

DD
Users browsing this topic