herfsnipe
21 years ago
BOTLs, today was the last day to buy Microsoft stock if you wanted to get the special dividend of $3 a share payable on 2 Dec. Unfortunately, I had no extra cash or I would have taken advantage of that. I'll have to rely on mutual fund holdings. SO, if this stock was in your portflolio today, congratulations.

A short sea story...

A really smart guy (my life investment/insurance broker)called me in March of 1986 about an initial public offering of a stock he thought I should buy because of it's enormous potential. His firm had been granted access to 15,000 shares and he was under the gun to get commitments. He and I had done business before and I valued his judgement. But, at that time I had been in the service about 3 years and at that rank, I had no extra cash. But, he said he would loan me $1000 on some stock certificates I had in my account. Knowing all about the pitfalls of MARGIN buying, I politely turned him down, and since he didn't persist, as he understood my position he went on to the next potential client.

Damn it.....
Burky4467
21 years ago
Kick, OUCH!

Kick, OUCH!

Kick, OUCH!

What's that sound???

Herfsnipe kicking hiself in the ass every day for that mistake!!
dave97402
21 years ago
Reminds me of when I lived in Marin county Ca. There was a new kid on the block trying to make a movie and needed investors. Any amount would help....am I interested. I didn't think it a wise choice of spending money so opted out of helping finance George Lucas' movie....Now where did I put that time machine......I only need to go back for a few minutes, that should do it!

Dave
Users browsing this topic