bullwyf
  • bullwyf
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Just returned from the hopsital in New Hanover where 5 Marines to include the CO and myself visited Tony. He is making improvements and can move his left arm and seemed to do so fairly effortlessly.
I spoke with several members of the staff who say he has the perpensity to be able to move both arms and eventually breath on his own.
The depth of his depression wasn't obvious to us although he told us he was medicated and very sleepy. We had a good coversation with him although it required us to read lips as he is intubated.
I ask him if we could bring him anything at all, just name it. He wants a hat, I ask him what kind and he said a Marine Corps hat, to which we all replied in kind, consider it done.
All the great support you fellow BOTL are showing him is making a difference.
I ask the nurse if it would be possible to get him a computer in his room, she said she would see what she could do and that if he owned a lap top she would see if his sister could bring it in.
His room is decorated from one end to the other with cards, balloons, flowers and items of support and well wishes sent from all of you.
The nurses ensure me it's gonna be a tough up hill climb and that he needs all the motivation we can supply him with. Stay vigilant my brothers and sisters, it's an uphill climb.
La10870
21 years ago
Thanks for the update 1st Sgt. Simper Fi

Michael L
KNOF
21 years ago
Great update, and thanks Michael, 1st. Sgt. that is, heheheeee. You too Michael L. for the efforts with OpFTH. Yikes, thank goodness I'm not a Michael too.
Lowman
21 years ago
Thanks for the update... Prayers being sent.

Low
bud451
21 years ago
Man is this sad. I can't even imagine.

If he doesn't have a laptop, maybe we could all put in $10 or so and get him one.
jd1
  • jd1
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Thanks for the update. Continued prayers Tony. Sounds like a great idea bud; I'm in if he doesn't have a laptop and someone wants to coordinate this. My 10-spot is earmarked.
usahog
21 years ago
Thanks for the update Bull...

Bud, great Idea!!! I'm in...

Hog
cayman2b
21 years ago
I'm in too!

But buying new gear seems over our means..
Maybe a connected computer BOTL can put together a
refurb.. maybe even wireless would be great!

cayman2b
hot[mail]

MichaelPCo
21 years ago
If I can chip in $10-$20 for a laptop I'm in without hesitation
mrtelcom
21 years ago
Thats great news, and I'm glad you were able to visit!

Not to rain on the parade, but I've never seen a hospital room with internet connectivity? Maybe when Tony moves to convalesence or whatever is next if not now?
CWFoster
21 years ago
I'd like to pitch in! Who's passing the hat? BTW 1st Sgt, I'm out playin' with some of your Bros in the 26th MEU!
pabloescabar
21 years ago
Thank's Bull
pabloescabar
21 years ago
oh yea, let's fill that hat and get Tony a lap top...
dapperdan
21 years ago
(dandapper at adelphia dot net) I will send money for Tony's needs but for now I will Pray. Lord Jesus, please lift Tony up and continue to be by his side. Help him to be encouraged by all his friend's and family and my the peace that surpasses all under standing fill his heart and know that you are there. In Jesus name , amen
CWFoster
21 years ago
In Jesus' Name, Amen!
Cliff LaChance
21 years ago
Lord hear our prayers
Users browsing this topic