KNOF
  • KNOF
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Woo Hoo!!! The San Francisco signed free agent closer Armando Benitez to a three year deal! As all the other teams sit on their butts we went out and got a second player we desperately needed. Now all we need is one more bat to hit behind Barry Bonds!

How the West Was Won for 2005!!!
Charlie
21 years ago
Keith

You will wish you had Robb Nen healthy when Wilfredo serves up his homerun fastball right down the middle of the plate! He will save a lot of games, but he has a tendancy to blow a lot of saves as well!

Charlie
KNOF
  • KNOF
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
We are use to that Charlie, just look at Rob Nenn when he was pitching. A lot of wins, but then a lot of blown saves too.
SteveS
21 years ago
Wishing Rob Nenn healthy is what the Giants have been doing for the past couple of years and that hasn't worked too well ...

It's rather unlikely that he ever will be healthy enough to pitch again but IF, by some chance he is, it's even less likely he'll be able to do so at anything even approaching his old self ...
lukin
21 years ago
The giants get who they need, and it looks like the A's are actually going to stick with Dotel. On top of that there are a lot of trade rumors with someone from the big three. Billy Beane is always touted as this great genius, but after last season, watching the Red Sox win the world series with a team full of former A's players, I might disagree. I don't know that it's totally Beane's fault, I would have to assume that its partly the ownerships fault, Al Davis, and the fans who live in Oakland. My brother and I make it to about fifteen games a season, we live 180 miles away, and every time we go, there are about 10,000 people in the stands. If they moved to Sacramento, we would be season ticket holders. Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest, I guess there is a lot of anger built up from last season. Missing the playoffs, and then watching the punk Red Sox win it all...despicable
BeatDragon
21 years ago
Nobody cares about the A's lukin.

The A's play in the American League

The Giants play in the Major Leagues




"Look out mamma theres a white boat comin up the river"
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
We Orioles fans know Armando Benitez. He'll break your heart. 100+ mph right down the middle with no movement.

And BeatDragon....tsk, tsk..... so you're a "Leagueist", huh?
lukin
21 years ago
My best friend is a leagueist and a Giants fan...you just get used to it...most Giants fans are rather snooty 🙂

"he said red (as in national league red?) means run son numbers add up to nothing"
thurson
21 years ago
KNOF, I'm excited about this, just hope he's not another Felix Rodriguez.
BeatDragon
21 years ago
Im not all that jazzed about ol' Gopher Ball Benitez. If he was worth a s**t he wouldnt have played for half the league already. But at least now they can concentrate on an outfielder/hitter. Rumor central says Jermaine Dye (GOD no) or Finley. But Finley is another of the geriactric crowd. But he sure has been a Giant killer...

I'd like to see Magglio Ordonez in a Giant uni.
BeatDragon
21 years ago
oh yeah I almost forgot.....


I was talkin' to the preacher,
said God was on my side
Then I ran into the hangman,
he said it's time to die
You gotta tell your story boy,
you know the reason why.
KNOF
  • KNOF
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thurson, Tim my son, Benitez is a vetran comming to the Giants, where Rodriguez was a rookie.
thurson
21 years ago
Thank you for clearing that up Master KNOF.

Grasshopper thurson
KNOF
  • KNOF
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Users browsing this topic