jingyel
21 years ago
Hello,

as a newbie to cigar smoker, I can hardly finish a cigar one time. So normally I will cut the tip and put it back to humidor for next time. I found, when I try it later the taste becomes stronger and so smoky, I can barely handle it.

Could anyone suggest a websit to answer such question?

thanks

J
drnos
21 years ago
What does that half-smoked cigar do to your humidor?



Makes it smell pretty funky, huh? And the other cigars? Same thing.

Not a good idea.
CigarPrimate
21 years ago
Whooa man! If you have a wood lined humidor, putting previously smoked cigars in it is a mistake of awesome magnitude, it will saturate your humidor with bad mojo & ruin it. Use a zip lock bag or a tubberware dish to store those 2nd hand stogies.
dapperdan
21 years ago
CigarPrimate and I can agree on this! I don't even like them half butts in my garage. put them in a ziplock far away from everything.
tpottiger
21 years ago
Try shorter cigars???

I have found that a 5X50 or something similar are my "thing." I have found that if I stick to a 4" to 5.5" cigar between 40 - 52 ring gauge, I can usually finish the cigar in a decent amount of time, without feeling the need to put it down.

Those BIG BOYS - y'all can have them...
(Hmm, I have a few of them in my humidor, should I trade them??? 😉 )
CigarPrimate
21 years ago
What I do with the churchills I have left, is cut them in two BEFORE I smoke them. Makes for nice quickies. It's robustos or toros from here on out for me. Don't have the time or the patience.
usahog
21 years ago
jingyel, Hello and Welcome to CBid.. I think you'll find the answer your looking for from this group... along with the digs and jingles...

You never ever want to store a partially smoked cigar in a humidor as explained above by others...

I think what you are searching for is a cigar that would fit your palate... sounds to me you need to start with a very mild cigar then a medium bodied and work your way up to a cigar that would fit your tastes and lung capacity ;0) one other thing.. cigars are not to be inhaled but yet smoked slowly while the smoke roles around in your mouth and across your palate....

course I've got friends who inhale from light to finish... they also open beer bottles with their teeth ;0)

Hog
0patience
21 years ago
Since you are new to cigars and are looking for a short cigar that won't break the bank, check out these cigars.
http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=220392 
VS Primeros Aero
They are a pretty nice little cigar and a neat tip from SteveR - "Simply pinch to two ends (not the flat ends) and it will pop open for you. Every time I've done this, it's smoked perfectly."

I tried his tip and it works great on those cigars.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
jingyel

blow through the cigar and purge it. see if that helps.

also cut the burnt end off before you relight it.

you are better off smoking shorter and thiner cigars.

send me an address, and i'll send you a newbie package.

RICKAMAVEN@HOTMAIL
.COM
18delta
21 years ago
rick, how sweet.
dapperdan
21 years ago
Rick is like a fine cigar he just mellows with age.
jingyel
21 years ago
Hello,

Thanks to all of you, I will clean my humidor right way, and try some smaller size ciger instead of the big ones.

Regards

J
pabloescabar
21 years ago
Im sorry Rick I forgot your birthday...
Users browsing this topic