0patience
21 years ago
http://www.katu.com/stories/73181.html 

One of our local boys was killed saturday in Iraq.
I know his family and Michael works with one of his relatives. This has hit our community extremely hard.
He wasn't just from here, he was a part of the community. We are a small community and everyone knows everyone.
If you could put his family in your thoughts, it would be appreciated.
CigarPrimate
21 years ago
I live in the Bay Area where it's a huge community. Seems lately there's not a week that goes by without an event like the one you describe. The news people always show up and people talk about how proud they are. I just feel really bad for these families that keep losing these fine young men & women, these kids. And you know it's just going to keep dragging on and on and no one will speak out against it. Some people see greater glory and a rippling flag in it, I just see dead young people and the sorrow left in their wake.
xibbumbero
21 years ago
Opatience,I'm sorry to hear that. My condolences to all.
Also,what Cigarprimate said. A sad state of affairs. X :~(
Liz62803
21 years ago
my prayers are with the families of all those that have been killed in both Iraq and Afghanistan. May God's healing power encircle them.
Users browsing this topic