xibbumbero
21 years ago
Subject: A Poem From Santa....
>
>
> 'T was the night before Christmas,
> > He lived all alone,
> > In a one bedroom house made of
> > Plaster and stone.
> >
> > I had come down the chimney,
> > With presents to give,
> > And to see just who
> > in this home did live.
> >
> > I looked all about,
> > A strange sight I did see,
> > No tinsel, no presents,
> > Not even a tree.
> >
> > No stocking by the mantle,
> > Just boots filled with sand,
> > On the wall hung pictures,
> > Of far distant lands.
> >
> > With medals and badges,
> > Awards of all kinds,
> > A sober thought
> > Came through my mind.
> >
> > For this house was different,
> > It was dark and dreary,
> > I found a home of a soldier,
> > Once I could see clearly.
> >
> > The soldier lay sleeping,
> > Silent ,alone,
> > Curled up on the floor
> > In this one bedroom home.
> >
> > The face was so gentle,
> > The room in such disorder,
> > Not how I pictured
> > A United States soldier.
> >
> > Was this the Hero
> > Of whom I'd just read?
> > Curled up on a poncho,
> > The floor for a bed.
> >
> > I realized the families
> > That I saw this night,
> > Owed their lives to these soldiers
> > Who were willing to fight.
> >
> > Soon round the world,
> > The children would play,
> > And grownups would celebrate
> > A bright Christmas Day.
> >
> > They all enjoyed freedom
> > Each month of the year,
> > Because of the soldiers,
> > Like the one lying here.
> >
> > I couldn't help wonder,
> > How many lay alone,
> > On a cold Christmas Eve
> > In a land far from home.
> >
> > The very thought
> > Brought a tear to my eye,
> > I dropped to my knees
> > And started to cry.
> >
> > The soldier awakened
> > And I heard a rough voice,
> > "Santa don't cry,
> > This life is my choice;
> >
> > I fight for freedom,
> > I don't ask for more,
> > My life is my God,
> > My country, my corps."
> >
> > The soldier rolled over
> > And drifted to sleep,
> > I couldn't control it,
> > I continued to weep.
> >
> > I kept watch for hours,
> > So silent and still
> > And we both shivered
> > From the cold night's chill.
> >
> > I didn't want to leave
> > On that cold, dark night,
> > This Guardian of honor
> > So willing to fight.
> >
> > Then the soldier rolled over,
> > With a voice soft and pure,
> > Whispered,"Carry on Santa,
> > It's Christmas Day, All is secure."
> >
> > One look at my watch,
> > And I knew he was right,
> > "MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend,
> > And to all a Good night."
> >
> > This poem was written by a Marine statioined in
> > Okinawa, Japan. The following is his request.
> > I think it is reasonable..............
> >
> > Please! Would you do me the kind favor of sending
> > this to as many people as you can? Christmas will
> > be coming soon and some credit is due to our US
> > servicemen and women for our being able to celebrate
> > these festivities.
> >
> > Let's try in a small way to pay a tiny bit for what we owe.
> > Make people stop and think of our heroes, living and
> > dead, who sacrificed themselves for us.
>>
> > PLEASE, do your small part to plant this small seed...

A Merry Christmas to all our fine brave soldiers. X







RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
truly heart warming.. thank you.
pabloescabar
21 years ago
that's it, very well done. thank you and merry Christmas...
Liz62803
21 years ago
thank you - this is one of the reasons I pray for our troops every day I respect the sacrifices that they make for mine and everyone else's freedom! Merry Christmas to the troops and the Veterans.
xibbumbero
21 years ago
I figgered more people would have read/posted on this. X 😞
xibbumbero
21 years ago
SteveS
21 years ago
Have read it, but hadn't posted about it ...

It evoked some particularly strong feelings ... not all that long ago, one of my sons who was in Naval Special Forces, was called back early from leave at Christmas time and his unit shipped to the Persian Gulf ... he's back safe at home now, but it's his face I see in the image evoked by the poem and expressing the feelings that flood over me is quite difficult ... it's a strange mixture of pride and apprehension ... I know that's true of every parent of every military guy who's over there right now and my heart is with those parents as well as with the servicemen ...
Charlie
21 years ago
Very true!

Charlie
acrouse
21 years ago
My son will also be home this year for the holidays. As noted above though it is hard to reply to posts like this one as the emotion evoked is hard to get by to actually reply. I am thrilled our son will be home, I am saddened, by the sons and daughters who cannot be home, and those who will never again join their families for a holiday. We support all the soldiers in their endeavors wherever they may be deployed. All the soldiers are in our prayers. Our best wishes go out to all military families.
Art
Stickbow
21 years ago
eleltea
21 years ago
X, the proper response to this one may be a moment of silence.
Burky4467
21 years ago
I agree with all and a special thanks to any of you that are Veterans on these boards, THANK YOU!!!

Merry Christmas,

Burky
Users browsing this topic