RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
creationism is a bunch of hooey. that i was magically transformed from a pile of dust into a fully developed thinking human being by some mystical essence, and then it made a woman for me, not out of dust, but it decided it needed one of my ribs. and this same essence gave me everything but knowledge but made a special apple tree and a talking snake.

this special apple tree had the only thing missing in my life, knowledge, and this stupid woman listened to this talking snake and then convinced me to eat the apple. of course the mystery essence was hiding behind the tree and got really mad at me even though it was the enabler of the women, the tree, and the snake, yeah.

later this essence causes a female to have a son without the aid of sperm and sets the course for
this offspring to be so disruptive to the authorities that he is eventually executed.

this same essence is also so sensitive, that if i don't pay it homage and talk to it frequently, when i
die because i was not made to last indefinately, it will torture me and hurt me out of spite, because
i didn't talk nice about it before i died.

if that's what you believe, great for you.

i believe that on this planet life started from the muck and mire, with little one celled things. i
believe these little one celled things got married and formed into multi celled things, and with the passage of enough time the strongest of the strongest, selecting as their reproductive mates, the strongest of the strongest, reproduced more and better things then they themselves were.

i believe that the natural selection of the strongest and best reproductive partner eventually led to us, homo sapiens by defined name. we could have been called homo erectus, and we were for a little while until the other group said the name was too suggestive.

i believe that the creationists demand proof of everything i say and i tell them pooey.i have already
demonstrated enough information to show that over the course of time species evolved into different forms and if these creationists don't want to accept my proof, too bad.

they accept the cures for diseases that have evolved from bleeding and blowing smoke over the sick person to cure him and the same scientific method has now improved to anti-biotics to cure the sick. hell they accepted the bleedings and the smoke, so why not. they don't ask for proof that the newest medicine will do the job.

they don't ask for the proof that we have landed men on the moon, and sent transformers to mars and they can see the results on a device they don't question that shows pictures.

when it comes to what we are and how did we get here and for what purpose, assuming there is a purpose, they demand proof, even though their proof is, "that's what i believe because the bible tells me so" and by the bible they mean a book they have decided is a book of all the facts necessary to prove everything, when in fact it is no more then a collection of stories written by men, i don't think they let women write, to tell everyone what their ancestors believed to be
explainations of the who, the what, and the why.

of course that would only explain things for a select few on this planet. it doesn't explain it for most of this planet and it doesn't begin to give any explaination about the other life forms scatterred throughout the universe and the trillions of planets, some of them having life forms of their own.

well i have tried my best to explain evolution and demonstrate it for you, but you don't want to hear
about my explainations, so i will give you my last one

evolution is a fact, because I BELIEVE IT TO BE.

so put that in you pipe and smoke it.


can you say great for me as i did for you?

DrMaddVibe
21 years ago
Great for you, now can you explain away the laws of thermodynamics?
cexshun
21 years ago
I wish with all my heart that I could believe in creationism. It's so comforting to be able to believe in something like that. However, my damned scientific mind will not allow it and I'm forced to wonder if there's something else out there.
dave97402
21 years ago
To think that the intricacies of man, evolved and started from just a single cell to me is insane. The amount of evolution changes necessary to go from a cell, to a human.....insanely impossible to compute I would think.

The evidence I have seen, read and been witness to, along with the proof that is written on my heart.... God created it, saved it, loves it. Jesus was the Son of God, or God created on earth, to live a perfect life so that He could bear the sins on man....that we would be saved through Him.

That's just what I know....don't have to believe yourself, but I do without question.


Dave

lofty1
21 years ago
holy crap. we're more alike than i thought. cexshun, you're starting to make me worry.

i need a beer.
usahog
21 years ago
"evolution is a fact, because I BELIEVE IT TO BE."

Rick, you have the right to your beliefs being facts... everyone knows where your standings and beliefs are IE: John Kerry, Anti War, anti Bush, we've even seen your facts from other websites you've posted on someone else's same beliefs.. thus this still doesn't make it my facts ;0)... matter fact it's a Fact that both you and I view things from the opposite side of the fence.. Now that's facts I can believe in LMAO!!!!!

Hog
dave97402
21 years ago
Oh yeah....by the way...and great for you Rick! LOL

sorry forgot to say that!

Dave
eleltea
21 years ago
There is a third way.
cexshun
21 years ago
Wow lofty1. This is getting creepy. Normally when I tell people "I really really want to believe! I just can't.", I get strange looks.

Probably the only time anyone made an arguement not based on the bible to me:
Them: "Well, then how do you explain life. How do you explain that tree."
Me: "Merely a statistical anomoly."
Them: "And what exactly is a statistically anomoly?"
Me: "Something that should not happen, but it does. Kind of an Act of ... Ohhhhhh."

I try to hold onto that.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Cut and paste myself from another post:

Why can't evolution be considered a gift from God? A way for life forms to survive when ambient conditions change.
In response to those that claim to have not witnessed evolution, I say that you have. A crude definition of evolution is that a lifeform changes, for better or worse, in response to stimuli. With that in mind, please tell me when you last saw a wild dairy cow, a laying hen or maybe a natural carrot? Maybe you've walked in the woods and been attacked by a pack of Labrador retrievers? In these cases man has selected the species and stimulus causing those changes. The natural environment does this too, but usually more slowly and randomly.
I feel the we, and all life, evolve because of God, not in spite of Him.
To this I would add that no one alive really knows for sure. And that my problem isn't with God, it's with religion. And I'm highly suspicious/doubtful of anyone that claims to have this knowledge.
When I go to church to shut my wife up twice a year, I can't help but analyze the mind controlling techniques that are employed there. Talking in unison, repetition; et al. Supposedly we are made in His image according to their own dogma. I know it would bore me to death to have everyone tell me endlessly how much they love me.
I'll smoke one in Hell with you, Rick.
Charlie
21 years ago
Gee Rick if you actually wrote the post above, congratulations (not cut and paste as usual?) but it still is your opinion....I gonna smoke a cigar!

Charlie
usahog
21 years ago
Rick, explain to me how You and I have a missing Rib??? how did these one cell things know to give man 1 rib shy from a woman??

Hog
cexshun
21 years ago
The problem I have with organized religion is that they are fear based. It's not about "God loves me!" It's about "I fear God and if I make Him angry, I will be punished!"

If there is a God, why do we think he'll have human emotions? God is perfect. God is not human. God would not feel sorrow, unhappiness, or anger. These emotions are that of imperfect humans, not of an omnipotent and omniscient being. Why would he create us and give us instincts, only to make the rules contrary to our instincts?

So many questions, so little answers. There's a book out called "Conversations With God". I've read it and re-read it several times looking for answers. I recommend it to everyone! But be warned, it will challenge your beliefs.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
DrMaddVibe

for what reason does the honorable doctor rise to raise that question.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
eleltea

ok, you've got my attention. what is the third way.
usahog
21 years ago
Fear doesn't come from God.. Fear comes from Flesh/Man.. fear is a devils tool.. have you ever heard this?

cexshun, your statement sounds Southern Babtist to me...

I don't like eating Beef Liver, only because as a kid growing up my Father "forced" me to eat it... I'll eat just about anything else... but I wont go near the beaf liver even with onions ;0)

God doesn't "force" himself on us, but I can and have seen where your drawing your conclusion from...

Hog
usahog
21 years ago
"for what reason does the honorable doctor rise to raise that question."

I think you stumped him with that one DMV ;0)

Hog
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Rick, explain to me how You and I have a missing Rib??? how did these one cell things know to give man 1 rib shy from a woman??

Hog

Not true, hog.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
usahog

i always thought we had an extra rib.

evolution is fallible. we still have a useless appendix and why two testicles instead of two penises.

eleltea
21 years ago
It is said that humans are evolving out of their little-used little toe, but when we are four-toed we will still be homo-sapiens, not a different species.

That's not the evolutionary process that boggles my mind. I want to know how primordial mud evolved into both a housefly, a wooly mammoth, and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Users browsing this topic