johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
The state of WA gov. election is still in process. The closest race in the history of the state.

Please read, I'm not sure if anybody else has posted about this. Thanks

J

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA%20Governor%20Recount 
Que
  • Que
  • Aficionado
21 years ago
I am from south-eastern washington and I am sick and tired of all this "I didn't win, so I'm going to sue" crap. Count the ballots and who ever has more votes is the winner. If you lose, then lose graciously (sp?) and move on!
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I dislike them both the same and, Que, I agree with you.
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
The winner is! Hell if I know but the last recount has a different result.

J
Thom
21 years ago
This "I didn't win, let's have a new vote." logic is puzzeling to me. What's to say that the next vote won't be as full of strife and micues as the last? I haven't heard any big allegations of voter fraud (but won't doubt some on both sides) and everything seems to be on the up and up despite some mis-steps, like in every election. Unfortunatel we just aren't perfect. But I will say that Sam Reed (Washington Secretray of State) should run for governor next go around. He has been rock solid through this whole debacle.
herfsnipe
21 years ago
This morning the SEC of State finally certified Christine Gregoire as the new governor. Dino will probably mount some sort of a court challenge, but it will be flimsy. All the votes were counted, by hand, Dino lost. This does not sit well with alot of poeple, but...it's the same way George Bush was elected to the Presidency in 2000, a high court's decision.

Dino should sack up and concede. Better luck next time.
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
No this was not like 2000 florida. The votes were actually recounted here, not stopped in process. I Rossi will contest.
herfsnipe
21 years ago
Rossi lost because of a "decision" by the court to allow certain ballots to be counted. Vush won because of a "decision" to stop the vote count. Read the post again.
herfsnipe
21 years ago
"Bush" that is...
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Herfsnipe you see it as the same, that is not exactly, my perspective.

Thanks for asking me to review your post.
sli38
21 years ago
King county is the most liberal county on earth and the most crooked. They were going to find the votes no matter what. It's embarrasing to live here. I hope there is a federal investigation.
sli38
21 years ago
When first you lose and election, try and try again for a recount. Until you "find" the votes you need. That's how Democrats have been operating since 2000. They can't accept that they've been losing for a reason. So they have to invent ballots where there are none. In this election, when after 2 recounts showing a Republican victory for Governor, the Dems paid $750,000 for an inaccurate hand recount and "found" extra votes "stuck in voting machines" in Democrat heavy King County. And surprise. the Democrat controlled government there decided this meant their candidate wins. And they certified the election, after refusing to do so on the previous recounts.
sli38
21 years ago
In one district in King County, 80% of the votes cast gave an address that was the county court house, which Dems claim were homeless voters. I wonder how many 20s they passed around to get those votes
MARKQ
21 years ago
Sli - how true, you just keep counting and counting until you get what you want - look at Ohio - the 3rd parties want yet another recount at taxpayers expense. It is time for them to face it - They Lost!!!
sli38
21 years ago
What a great renewable resource. BUMS. Need a few more votes to get your guy (or gal) over the top? Just find a Liberal. They allways seem to know where thousands are at any time. And if you have the gall to question their bona fides, why, that makes you a real insensitive hater! 14th amendment be damned!




Excuse my ranting.
eleltea
21 years ago
If you can't win the first time, some creative recounting can work wonders.
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Rossi contests election. I'm not concernerned over the homeless vote, its all the extra ballots in compared to total # voters.

J
johnfs
  • johnfs
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
The state of WA is going to have a "lame duck", for Gov. Regardles of how this turns out.
Users browsing this topic