0patience
21 years ago
9.0 earthquake creates a tidal wave that kills over 13,000 people in Sri Lanka.
This is not a good thing. : (

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6754820/?GT1=5936 
dapperdan
21 years ago
Mathew 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places;





Revelation 11:13 And in that hour there was a great earth-shock and a tenth part of the town came to destruction; and in the earth-shock seven thousand persons came to their end: and the rest were in fear, and gave glory to the God of heaven.





I have been watching this on the news and I know that I will get flak for quoting from the Bible In such a horrific lose of life.But I see things in this world heading toward the ultimate lose of life as we know it. I have a desire to warn all of what is ahead as predicted by the prophets thousands of years ago.It will all come true. The source is reliable.
RICKAMAVEN
21 years ago
dapperdan

those people were probably heathens.

"I see things in this world heading toward the ultimate lose of life as we know it."

stop looking and you won't see bad things.

you have nothing to fear, his rod and his staff will comfort your. surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life, and you will dwell in the house of the lord forever.

MACS
21 years ago
All religious disagreements aside... My buddy Steve owns a bar in Phuket Thailand and I have not heard from him.

I did hear that they got hit pretty hard and I just hope he is okay.
0patience
21 years ago
The death toll is up to 22,000 and several thousand missing.
They estimate the clean up to be in the 100s of millions.
Slimboli
21 years ago
The death toll is up to 40,000 and several thousand missing.

They estimate the clean up to be in the billions.
Charlie
21 years ago
Cleanup will be mostly paid for by USA......wait and see!

Charlie
snowwolf777
21 years ago
WaldoAR15
rayder1
21 years ago
I guess massive loss of life, property and future, doesn't preclude those in power from picking and choosing who and where their help comes from. Its a very sad time for the people of those countries effected by the earthquake and tsunami.
The leaders need to put their prejudices aside and accept whatever help is available.

Our country...at the very least should give as much aid to the people and piss on the government's of those countries who elect to be picky about their relief source.
andytv
21 years ago
I'm sure we will pony up some cash for these poor SOBs. It is a shame though that we have to care of the rest of the world, when they view us as macho cowboy A-holes. Already, Ive seen reports of relief good being diverted by rebel factions, etc. Alot of anti-bushers out there say that we should be spending money helping these folks instead of fighting in Iraq. Perhaps we will have an investigation to determine if the administration had previous knowledge of this disaster!
puskarich
sketcha
21 years ago
My Lord. I read 35,000 in this mornings paper and I was blown away. The numbers I'm hearing now are just staggering.
wer
  • wer
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
they're reporting 80,000 now and expect it to eclipse 100K due to disease. It's really staggering....
acrouse
21 years ago
Personally my heart goes out to those who suffer loss in this tragedy. The numbers are staggering in terms of housing, resorts, entire towns, aid needed, aid promised, etc., however; the human loss is the true tragedy and the cries are loud.
Art
RknRmnd
21 years ago
May God be with their loved ones and us!
RJ
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
You've got to feel special sympathy for the babies/children.

Despite that, I hope that Mr. Bush doesn't feel "obligated" to make us foot most of the bill. If he feels badly about being called "stingy", he and his rich cronies should voluntarily open up their wallets and lead by example.

DapperDan, I think that you may be on to something...

blood
spadesman
21 years ago
Bloody, why not let your boy George Soros send a few billion their way? Or Barbara Streisand can get together with "the Boss", the Dixie Chicks and Bonnie Rait to do a charity sing-a-long to raise money.
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
Spadesman, you don't know me very well, do you?

I would like to pick up the self-proclaimed billionaire philanthropist,Soros, by the ankles & shake every dime from his sorry carcass so that he can have the pleasure of paying for the WHOLE mess--ditto with the other "bleating hearts" mentioned.

But our leader, Bush, is the big mouth with no fiscal sense who would further screw the little guy in this country if it will enhance his image & further his one-world agenda.

He and the aforementioned have $$$ to burn & should foot MOST of the bill. The rest of us should VOLUNTARILY contribute according to our conscience and ability to give.

blood

PS: Most of the "developing world" despots also have fat bank accounts--just ask Arafat's wife--where are they now?
spadesman
21 years ago
Sorry about that Bloody. I concur with you about our government giving too much money away (both internationaly and here at home). No where in the Constitution does it say that the Gov't of the US is in the business of charity.

I won't get into other politic stuff here. Will save that for another post(s).

**Threadjack off**

Our thoughts and prayers are out to those who lost family and loved ones.
Users browsing this topic