Peoria Perfecto Purveyor
16 years ago
Well, there are several herfs in the area coming up.

I do not think I can make tonight, but will try for one of the ones in March.

I have never been to a real actual meet up with board members herf.

How many and what type of cigars does one bring ?

I wish I was a rich man and could bring a Padron Millennium for everybody.

And I don't want to be a cheap azz bastid and bring a box of White Owl Pineapples. (although I love 'em)

So, what is the proper "cigarage" to bring to a herf ?
Mandoman
16 years ago
Bring the cigars you like. Not everyone brings extras. It is not a requirement that you bring smokes for everybody there. If you plan on gifting smokes, bring the ones you would like to receive. If you have some that are relatively rare or hard to find, bring those.
Be a gracious receiver/giver. Some folks don't have any better quality or hard to find cigars and will offer what they have. It is very possible that you will offered a cigar that you think is below the quality of what you offered. Smile, and say thanks. Somewhere down the line (maybe even at the same herf), you will receive a better cigar than you offer. If you've been the noob in a noob trade, you've probably been there. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been to several herfs. I've given and received lots of cigars. Sometimes I was given better than I gave, sometimes just the opposite.

Above all, enjoy yourself.
Hope this helps.
jespear
16 years ago
Good question.
Great answer.


jes
wheelrite
16 years ago
Bring a Chick with Big Boobs and you'll get some great smokes and nobody will notice if you bring bad smokes...


glad to help..

wheel,
rfenst
16 years ago
Mandoman's advice is excellent. Depending on the length of time you will be at the herf, bring 3-5 (or more) different sticks FOR YOUR SELF. That way, you have many options for last-minute change of mind in what you will smoke. As to gifting cigars to others, I think HERF gifts are a pure RAOK. If you feel uncomfortable, the RAOKer will still insist. If you have anyone particular that you do want to gift a cigar to, but won't be giving any thing to others, just be discreet. Enjoying your cigar and everyone else's company is the very most important thing.
SHOE
16 years ago
^
Well said, Robert. It’s mostly about the social aspect. You’ll sense when a moment of giving is right and you’ll feel good about it. When somebody gifts you, it’s an amazing feeling to have established comradery with a B/SOTL. Go to have a good time and the other stuff will fall into place.
watchurai
16 years ago
#2 hits it on the head...relax and enjoy.


At our herfs in NoVa and MD, it always turns into a huge tradefest at the end (never before midnight), where we are all slightly tipsy, and slightly nic-buzzed...you should SEE the cigars a-flyin'between the BOTL!


And, there is some merit in Wheel's suggestion...wish someone would bring a hot chick or two to our herfs!!
hank56
16 years ago
"Our" cigar swapping frenzies at the end the night should be vidoed. LOL

Another one Saturday night. Yeeee Haaaaawwww!!!

Seriously, I agree with Mandoman and rfenst.
nine999
16 years ago
.





















NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



























.
jmdelarosa
16 years ago
#4 I agree. Although probably safer to keep your big breasted woman at home, away from all these FOG's. Next thing you know, she'll be taking pictures in her bra holding 2 Tatuaje's...
teedubbya
16 years ago
show up have fun smoke cigars. if you give some great. if you get some great. there is no playbook.
njstone
16 years ago
I always bring at least 10 sticks for MYSELF--even though I'll probably only smoke 2 (I like options).

Then I bring sticks to give away. I typically bring sticks that are recent favorites of mine (like Padilla 1932, Tat Victorias and Noella, Perdomo ESV, etc.). Then I bring a few special sticks too, just in case the opportunity arises to gift something special.
Peoria Perfecto Purveyor
16 years ago
Re 2 and 11 ... such conflicting advice

what to do ... what to do ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... screw all you clowns

I'm going with the box of Pineapple White Owls

I'll put them in the Padron humidor and show up with that

That should fool all at least 98.2% of you azzhats
Peoria Perfecto Purveyor
16 years ago
QUICK REVIEW

Padron Millennium

Pre-punched hole for smoker's convenience

Papery yellow to light brown wrappers

Heavy taste overtones of pineapple

Band created in honor of Padrons long lost sister ... Wilma Olivia ... thus the WO on the band
leoscat
16 years ago
^ Lmao! Just be sure to hand out the 'padrones'
around midnight!
;)
lluvia
16 years ago
Pineapple WO's! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

we will be happy to meet you, PPP
just bring you:)

herf raoks are RAOKS!

remember, we are the kick-back-and-chill AZ Herfers...
you'll be too busy chatting, herfing, eating, and laughing to worry about it lol
rfenst
16 years ago
PPP,

You know you have nice enough cigars worth bringing for the BOTL you will be herfing with!
Peoria Perfecto Purveyor
16 years ago
^ ^ ^

nah

All I have is old crappy stuff with nasty yellow cellophane from the 1990's covered with icky plume ... who's gonna wanna smoke that ?

But I will make up for it with donuts and a Big Gulp
rfenst
16 years ago
Your secret is safe with me. LOL!
rem_boileremt
16 years ago
One thing I have heard a few times that upsets me is the folks that decide not to show up at a herf because they are embarrassed about their smokes or just nervous about whatever.

Not everyone is at the same place in their lives and has lots of disposable income. We all understand that. I can't speak for everyone, but as someone who has had a pretty good run the last few years, I enjoy gifting smokes to others that they might not get a chance to purchase on their own.

And I have never in my life had a more relaxing and unpretentious time where I could just be myself than when I am herfing with my MMMh'er pals. It is like a total recharge for my batteries.

So, if there is a herf near you, please go. Don't sweat it so much. If there isn't one yet, just plan one. It could be as simple as meeting up at a shpo or a total food and bevy herf at someone's house.
Users browsing this topic