andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
.....that maybe someone has sitting around in their basement or garage.

Looking for something in the 30-50lb test range, preferably with a lever drag........good quality (Penn, Shimano, Okuma, etc).

Will trade for premium/super-premium smokes.

I know its a long shot, but right now I would rather trade cigars than spend cash.

looking for a rod to match too!
nine999
21 years ago
bro-
let me see what is in my garage... i know i have at least one (spare) deep sea and one fresh water. if i can get to it, (you gotta see my garage to understand)i'll look tonight...
nine999 at netscape.net
bassdude
21 years ago
good luck. I will be using the Mag this weekend.
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Awesome bassdude......it is certainly better for catching fish than catching dust.

nine......thanks in advance for looking.

KKF
  • KKF
  • Enthusiast
21 years ago
got both a shimano tld 5 & tld 10 around here somewhere,not been used in years, will report back when/if i can find 'em.
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
KKF;

I can't find much info on the TLD 5 & 10, but I think they may be a little small for what I have in mind.

I want to be able to spool at least 300 yards of 30lb test.

Thanks a ton for looking though.
wvwa34
21 years ago
Andy must be plannin on landin JAWS!!!!!!????????????
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
JAWS is actually what I'm trying to avoid. Last trip, I lost a grouper and two tuna (to sharks) because the rig I was using wasn't stout enough to get them in the boat quickly.

nine999
21 years ago
dude- i have a daiwa 2600c. want it?
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
nine999;

Thanks a ton for looking, but I'm after a conventional reel, not a spinning reel. I'm pretty well outfitted with saltwater spinning reels.

Again.....thanks.

redneck1
21 years ago
I have a Penn 320GTI reel mounted on a All Star Gulfstream GS7030C rod. Picked them up a few years back on Ebay. Will post a photo in the pics forum if you want to see it. It is spooled with 25 lb P-Line.

Name: GS7030C
Specification: Style: Boat Casting
Length: 7'
PC. 1
Lure Wt.: N/A
Line Wt.: 20-30
Action: Fast
Power: Medium
bassdude
21 years ago
damn Andy, I'd like to get into fish like that at least once. Everytime I go we end up with sea bass. Good eating but I'd prefer the grouper and tuna.
redneck1
21 years ago
Photo posted on pic board.
andytv
  • andytv
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Thats a good looking setup redneck!!! To me, PENN pretty much makes the best reels out there.

Since I've been looking into this, I'm leaning more towards a 30-50# setup.

The last trip I was on, we lost a few really nice fish because we couldn't get them in the boat quick enough with the tackle we had. One nice grouper holed up, and two tunas got nailed by sharks.

I figure I need a little more ass in my rod (NOT vice versa) to "convince" these tough fish to come to boat quicker.


bassdude; PM me on the other site or fire me an email.
redneck1
21 years ago
Ok, not a problem. I've been wanting to head to the river, hook a golfish on it and see what bites!!! You can PM me too..... They call me OlMike.......
Users browsing this topic