Russ622
  • Russ622
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
13 years ago
As I was reading through the forums, I come to find out that Whistlebritches is a pipe smoker. I, also being a pipe smoker think "Great! someone to talk pipes with". So I shoot him a pm and we start talking about pipe tobacco. Now, I am a noob when it comes to cigars, but I have been smoking a pipe for many years. During our conversation Whistlebritches said he would love to try some Penzance. Now, for all of you non pipe smokers, Penzance is the holy grail of pipe tobacco, and I just so happen to have quite a few pounds of it. To make a long story short, I sent Ron a pound of Penzance, and a bunch of other stuff that I think he would really enjoy. I told him, send me in return what you think would be fair in trade. This is what the crazy bastidge sent me in return, with the code date


Coro x1 6/06
HU Mag 46 x2 4/08
Vegas Robaina x2 9/08
Por Larrañaga x3 3/09
RyJ EX#4 x3 5/07
San Cristobal de la Habana Oficios x2 9/08
Boli PC x3 7/09
Party Shorts x3 5/07
Hoyo du Dauphin x5 6/01
LGD SB4 Oscuro X1 2011
MF Cedros Delux x2 2009
LFD 6 Cigar sampler
Box of MOW PA.


..... and get this, he puts a note in with them saying if this did not meet my expectations, to let him know and he would make it right. Meet my expectations??? BLEW THEM OUT OF THE WATER!

Ty Ron, I knew I would never be able to top one of you vets in a cigar trade, but I thought for sure I stood a chance dealing in pipe tobacco. NOPE kicked my butt back down to the minors!






ZRX1200
13 years ago
TIGERCDW
13 years ago
Holy shyt.

Looks like I need to get me some of this Penzance stuff.

TIGER
Lancaster6802
13 years ago
leftyposthole
13 years ago
Holy buckets
mikey1597
13 years ago
Didn't see a good one in the bunch................


Ya Right......................Holy Grail for Holy Grail,,,,,,,,,,,, Even Steven
Whistlebritches
13 years ago
You're welcome Russell.I would call this even steven...a frickin pound of Penzance and at least another pound and a half of various pipe baccy's you thought I should try.No we're even

I just hope you get enjoyment out of everyone of those sticks.

I'm going to try something tonite...I can breathe and taste again.Not the Penzance though,waiting til I am confirmed 100%.

Thanks Russell
jespear
13 years ago
GREAT job on BOTH sides.
Gotta love this place !

jes
Whistlebritches
13 years ago

Holy shyt.

Looks like I need to get me some of this Penzance stuff.

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:




Another dual smoker?????It seems our numbers are growing here.Time to hit Steve up for a pipe related forum.


Ron
TIGERCDW
13 years ago

Another dual smoker?????It seems our numbers are growing here.Time to hit Steve up for a pipe related forum.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:




No No not a pipe smoker here.

I just need to stock up on the Penzance for when you're out and looking again.

LMAO.

TIGER
Whistlebritches
13 years ago

No No not a pipe smoker here.

I just need to stock up on the Penzance for when you're out and looking again.

LMAO.

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:




LMAO....That deserves an AZZHAT AWARD!!!


Ron
TMCTLT
13 years ago

Another dual smoker?????It seems our numbers are growing here.Time to hit Steve up for a pipe related forum.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:




Yupper Ron, my son and daughter got me a new pipe and all the accessories along with several little sample bags of tobacco for Christmas!!!
TIGERCDW
13 years ago
I think DPNewell (Dave) is dabbling in the pipe area now.

TIGER
dubleuhb
13 years ago
That is some return!!! Very well done Ron.
CelticBomber
13 years ago
How long does a pound of pipe tobacco last assuming you smoke every day? I've never had the pleasure of smoking a pipe so I have zero reference and what would a pound of your average pipe tobacco cost?


Celtic
Whistlebritches
13 years ago

How long does a pound of pipe tobacco last assuming you smoke every day? I've never had the pleasure of smoking a pipe so I have zero reference and what would a pound of your average pipe tobacco cost?


Celtic

CelticBomber wrote:




Considerably longer than a box of cigars.A quality pound depending on blend would go from approx $30 to $75.Some baccy sold only in 50gr and 2 oz tins could go a little higher....but not much.


Ron
Numismaniac
13 years ago
I think that stuff I got for Pacman was like that.........even bulk, was almost 50 a pound, I got him three pounds of the smelly stuff, LOL.............

years ago, I smoked a pipe, but for a short period only, I'm sure I have a couple of pipes stored away somewhere, my Dad also smoked a pipe for a few years.
Russ622
  • Russ622
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
13 years ago

No No not a pipe smoker here.

I just need to stock up on the Penzance for when you're out and looking again.

LMAO.

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:




I have plenty more when he needs it [ram27bat] [ram27bat] [ram27bat]


As far as how many bowls you would get out of a pound of tobacco.

It all depends on the size of the pipe you are using. But if you use a normal sized pipe, you can get on average between 190-200 bowls.
harleyd31
13 years ago
Nice return fire!!
Whistlebritches
13 years ago

I think that stuff I got for Pacman was like that.........even bulk, was almost 50 a pound, I got him three pounds of the smelly stuff, LOL.............

years ago, I smoked a pipe, but for a short period only, I'm sure I have a couple of pipes stored away somewhere, my Dad also smoked a pipe for a few years.

Numismaniac wrote:




That smelly stuff that PACdaddy likes is absolutely delicious if you like a very woodsy,ceamy and spicy smoke.Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding....one of my favorite baccy's period.I absolutely love rubbing this stuff out in preperation for the pipe...the smell is intoxicating.


Ron
Users browsing this topic