whtwtrman79
13 years ago
carpenter #5 blind review

this was a nice looking box pressed cigar just shy of 5 inches by approximately 50 ring guage, had a medium brown wrapper with a single large vein on one side, otherwise near seamless construction without any soft spots, it also sports a nicely placed triple cap, has been in the humidor at about 63% for a couple weeks

the prelight draw had just the right amount of resistance with a mildly sweet tobacco flavor and maybe cocoa

I noticed an inital floral note in the first couple puffs that disappeared after that, the first third had a mild spice with some cocoa flavors and a moderate amount of smoke production, ash was light gray a little flaky at times and held for about 1.5 inches before i tapped it off, this cigar seems to be well constructed with a nice even burn

In the second third the spice picked up a bit from mild to moderate, but not overpowering or a pepper bomb by any means, but otherwise the flavors stayed the same, which was good because i was enjoying this one

In the last third i thought this cigar really began to shine the spice was minimal, every thing smoothed out, and those chocolately flavors picked up, had a bit of irregular burn but self corrected

I would call this one med to med/full msrp 5-10, i enjoyed this cigar 5er worthy for sure, dont know that ive had this one

AB Prensado?

So also to you guys that have done more extensive reviews, what is meant exactly when you refer to the finish of the cigar?
jimbud
13 years ago
Based on review, your guess is exactly what I would have said. Good review!
whtwtrman79
13 years ago
I had one a longtime ago and don't remember it well, was a little drunk and moreof a noob than now so my reference may be off a bit
TomPRep
13 years ago
The finish is the flavor that kinda lingers in your mouth after you blow the smoke out. soometimes it will actually fade to two or three flavors before going away. Sometimes the finish lasts upward of a couple minutes, or it can be just a couple seconds. Great review! Curious to know what this one is.
leftyposthole
13 years ago
God job Dave, am also anxious to hear what it is...........
critter2
13 years ago
carpenter69
13 years ago
Soon as I get home tonight I'll post it. If I remember right, I think your on the $ with this one. You don't smoke cigarettes do you?
whtwtrman79
13 years ago

Soon as I get home tonight I'll post it. If I remember right, I think your on the $ with this one. You don't smoke cigarettes do you?

carpenter69 wrote:



Nope, why do u ask

chazbo
13 years ago
Marty your aviator smokes cigarettes, do you?
carpenter69
13 years ago

Marty your aviator smokes cigarettes, do you?

chazbo wrote:



Me know understand
carpenter69
13 years ago

Nope, why do u ask

whtwtrman79 wrote:




I ask because your reviews are pretty descriptive, my wife says I have no taste buds.

Oh, by the way. Alec Bradley Prensado is right on the money, do you think the box pressing helped you figure it out too?
chazbo
13 years ago

Me know understand

carpenter69 wrote:


The monkey in your picture#-o
carpenter69
13 years ago
It's my pet monkey.
chazbo
13 years ago

It's my pet monkey.

carpenter69 wrote:


He has a brother too (knokmdwn)
carpenter69
13 years ago
🇨🇮
delta1
13 years ago

carpenter #5 blind review
So also to you guys that have done more extensive reviews, what is meant exactly when you refer to the finish of the cigar?

whtwtrman79 wrote:



For me, since the taste buds in my mouth/tongue lack the sensitivity needed to discern subtle flavors of cigar smoke, my "finish" is the lingering tastes that last a bit after I fully release the smoke through the nose on a retrohale.

Nice review, whtwtrman... and great guess.
whtwtrman79
13 years ago
Thanks guys, not sure if the box press helped I guess I couldn't say it hurt, it was more of a good guess based on other reviews much better than I remember the first time around, it didn't look nearly as neat of a cigar as most pics online but the flavor profile and transitions seemed correct based on several reviews I had read after smoking it

It's the first one I got correct but also the first one I had previously I really enjoy participating in this and may take another turn after I finish reviewing my last one

So far I think I have both the most expensive and least expensive ones left hopefully I dont mix em up
knokmdwn
13 years ago

He has a brother too (knokmdwn)

chazbo wrote:





Ya....................bastid stole my monkey!!! Maybe I will have to change mine to one of the nakid pictures of his wife!












































[sarcasm]
youngra
13 years ago

Marty your aviator smokes cigarettes, do you?

chazbo wrote:


That's not a cigarette!!!!!!!!🇨🇮 That's why the chimp is smiling8-[
carpenter69
13 years ago

Ya....................bastid stole my monkey!!! Maybe I will have to change mine to one of the nakid pictures of his wife!


That shot ain't funny! My wife lost her naked in a wedding, she's still trying to recover.











































[sarcasm]

knokmdwn wrote:


Users browsing this topic