shovelgrrrl
13 years ago
Shutting down the Federal government sucks. I've got contracts, for work I've already performed for them, and they owe me over $20,000. They shut down payments about a month ago, and they're not going to pay anything until their budget is approved. They tell me "it'll only be 10 or 12 weeks, and you'll get paid". This is for work I did in August, by the way - and I have to continue working without pay, or I won't get a contract in the future for expert testimony work.

Do you think I can tell my mortgage company and the grocery store "it'll only be 10-12 weeks and I'll pay you"? I'm thinking not. No matter what side you're on, it's irresponsible holding the American people hostage like this. And for me, personally, it really hurts. -B
DrafterX
13 years ago
This really sucks... and I honestly sympathize with your situtation... but isn't you not being able to pay your mortgage the same as the gubment not being able to pay you..?? they're spending money they don't have.. and I'm not saying you're job isn't justified.. but how long can we keep raising the debt limit..?? 😕
DrafterX
13 years ago
How much money is wasted everyday on worthless green projects, giving illegal immigrants benefits, arming Syrian rebels... this list goes on and on.... I am sorry your in a tough spot tho...
tailgater
13 years ago
On the bright side, our senators and representatives will still get full pay and benefits.
They made a law expressly designed for such emergencies.


TheSmokensip
13 years ago

How much money is wasted everyday on worthless green projects, giving illegal immigrants benefits, arming Syrian rebels... this list goes on and on.... I am sorry your in a tough spot tho...

DrafterX wrote:



+1

On the bright side, our senators and representatives will still get full pay and benefits.
They made a law expressly designed for such emergencies.

tailgater wrote:



+1
DadZilla3
13 years ago

On the bright side, our senators and representatives will still get full pay and benefits.
They made a law expressly designed for such emergencies.

tailgater wrote:


This shows how irresponsible our legislators really are. They want us to believe they have the interests of Americans at heart but obviously, they don't.

And the chance that they will ever pass legislation that holds them to the same bullsh*t rules and regulations that the rest of us are affected by is nil.
dharbolt
13 years ago
HockeyDad
13 years ago

On the bright side, our senators and representatives will still get full pay and benefits.
They made a law expressly designed for such emergencies.


tailgater wrote:




That is enough reason right there to vote out every incumbent regardless of party affiliation.
bloody spaniard
13 years ago
Shovelgirl, I am very sorry to read this. I'm sure that like most vendors you were involved in some sort of bidding process & gave them the best possible service for their nickel. The only thing that perplexes me is, why didn't they have the monies allotted & set aside for your contracts? That's normally how it's done before the contract is awarded unless it's funded with non-allotted/private funds such as an employees' club, etc.

Tried to email you but your inbox was full...
DrafterX
13 years ago
Part of Obama's 'Make it Hurt Plan' ..?? 🤔
bloody spaniard
13 years ago
^ He took a page out of dubya's book & made it worse.

Btw, shovelgrrl(sp?) I believe that the end of the fiscal year for the Government ends in September (thank goodness I haven't done bookkeeping in decades), soooo there should have been monies put aside for short term contracts awarded. Only exception, that I can think of, are those that are annual and automatically renewed...

Ok, I'll shut up now.[gonzo]
God bless.
ZRX1200
13 years ago
Sorry to hear B......


Unfortunately as Drafter hinted the feds are holding the public hostage while wasting plenty of $. Support our spending you don't like or we'll hurt you.
DadZilla3
13 years ago

Sorry to hear B......


Unfortunately as Drafter hinted the feds are holding the public hostage while wasting plenty of $. Support our spending you don't like or we'll hurt you.

ZRX1200 wrote:


That's what government always does, all the way down to the local level. Local governments use typical threats like, 'Don't want us to raise your property taxes again? No problem, then we'll just have to start winding down your fire and police protection, and shut down all the schools as well.'

Works like a charm every time, and at every level of government.
DrafterX
13 years ago
🤔 gotta wonder too if living in Arizona has anything to do with this... 🤔
Buckwheat
13 years ago

They want us to believe they have the interests of Americans at heart but obviously, they don't.

DadZilla3 wrote:




They never have and never will. They are only concerned with "their own". [frypan]
bloody spaniard
13 years ago
Be nice to give a fellow sotl a little support... I dunno.8-[
DrafterX
13 years ago

Be nice to give a fellow sotl a little support... I dunno.8-[

bloody spaniard wrote:



support and a solution would be nice to give... I hope she doesn't feel we were giving her a hard time... just trying to identify the problem.. 😟
HockeyDad
13 years ago
Businesses should just collectively go on strike against the government and stop doing work for the Feds for a few months. It won't happen though because there is too much gravy at stake.
rfenst
13 years ago
Republican/Tea Party Obstructionists bootstrapping one unrelated issue to another. Thank you to the Republican Party.




(Not saying Obamacare shouldn't be looked at, but trying to use this type of leverage hurts the U.S. more than it helps it at this time.)
DrafterX
13 years ago

Republican/Tea Party Obstructionists bootstrapping one unrelated issue to another. Thank you to the Republican Party.

rfenst wrote:



😟
Users browsing this topic