bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
The band says Centenario 2001 Classic and Tobaccos Rare by Felipe Gregorio.

I bought some of these to put in the humidor at the Vets Hall. Sometimes I stop in at the Vets Hall at midnight after work and if I didn't take any cigars to work with me, I'll have one of these.

They seem to be ok to me. I also put some sort of CI Knockoffs in the humidor there. I'll smoke one of those also.

They are better than the La Fincas that somebody else put in there.

Thoughts?

🇨🇮
delta1
12 years ago
Never had the Centenario 2001 and agree that La Fincas should be avoided. Smoked a few Felipe Gregorio Silencios that were pretty good.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
So, something that makes the Centenario 2001,
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1556500 
"Centenario by Felipe Gregorio is a fine handmade, to be sure. It's a 90-rated thriller comprised of dark, oily Habano wrappers, chock full of rich, Cuban-esque long-fillers from Honduras. Each smooth draw releases clouds of thick, heavy smoke and a lovely aroma, while your palate is consumed by complex nuances that linger long on the palate. A rich and creamy core of earth and leather is complemented by sweet undertones and cedar, and a zesty finish completes each puff."

and the CI Knockoffs,
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1556988 
Handmade in the Dominican Republic, MISTAKES are tasty, mild-bodied smokes that are buttery smooth with a creamy, enjoyable flavor. A classic blend of Dominican tobaccos mingle inside a Connecticut shade wrapper, promoting a solid, consistent flavor and pleasant aroma. They’re superbly made, too...creating a dependable cigar that burns slow and cool with an easy draw, every time. Try it, and find out why MISTAKES is a favorite among our top customers for mild-bodied cigars.

better . . . ?

Sierra Nevada Torpedos. 🍺
http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/torpedo-extra-ipa 
(age restricted... d'oh)

🇨🇮
ZRX1200
12 years ago
delta1
12 years ago
Hey bs, if you're looking for a good cigar to fill your community humidor, the place that sounds like bolts has got the Camacho Corojo churchills up for less than $50/box. Looks like deals for Camachos are available all over the internet. They must be shedding inventory, shifting to new lines. I picked up some Corojos, SLR's and Connecticuts for less than $3/cigar at various places on the internet.
tonygraz
12 years ago
According to one seller they are changing the packaging for a new advertising campaign featuring Mike Ditka.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Speaking of Camachos, this is the new packaging. Looks like they are just trying to catch your eye as you walk down the in-store humidor aisle. Sort of a retro look.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1609564/Camacho-Corojo-Maduro-Churchill-20/ 

I can find the Camacho's without a big, red, bright band. Hope the cigars don't start sucking or exploding.

Their website has scorpions and Ditka and Sheen and some guy with a fuzzy goatee. Bold As Hell, they say. I hope by Bold, they mean good.

🇨🇮

I see they are dropping the Coyolar and changing their blends. Maybe it will be good.
Users browsing this topic