CelticBomber
12 years ago
I don't know what it is about cigar bands but I CAN NOT bring myself to throw them out. So I have a stuffed baggie full of bands. If anyone is working on a project etc and needs all kinds of different cigar bands let me know and I'll get them in the mail to you.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
I put mine in my pocket when they are ready to come off. Then, when I get home, I take 'em out of the pocket and they sit on the desk for a while... until I get tired of pushing them out of the way and then I throw them in the trash. I would throw them in the trash sooner, but them I'd have to... you know.. pick up my socks too and clean the bathroom mirror more often and take the beer cans/bottles out sooner... etc...

🍺
billyboy03
12 years ago
Not sure why I save them, but I keep almost every one??
youngra
12 years ago
Ya, we're all gonna make a collage some day!!
DrafterX
12 years ago
my wife made me a cool one.... 🍺
kip5166@gmail.com
12 years ago
I have been usining mine to decorate the "backboard" for my steel tip dartboard. Getting full,
cacman
12 years ago
Send the to Wombat. He's always doing something with them.
Abrignac
12 years ago
I just toss mine in the ash bucket outside.
GhostTown
12 years ago
For reason mine get saved, too. Stash'em in empty cigar boxes, which also take up a lot of room.
stogiemonger
12 years ago
I fill empty clear wine or bourbon bottles with the bands. Once full of intact cigar bands, they make good bar decorations for friends/family. This is best done with a bottle that has an opening at least large enough to fit a band from a 52 rg cigar. They really do look pretty neat on a bar shelf, particularly the cheap fat wine bottles with the finger loop look best (imho).
billyboy03
12 years ago

I fill empty clear wine or bourbon bottles with the bands. Once full of intact cigar bands, they make good bar decorations for friends/family. This is best done with a bottle that has an opening at least large enough to fit a band from a 52 rg cigar. They really do look pretty neat on a bar shelf, particularly the cheap fat wine bottles with the finger loop look best (imho).

stogiemonger wrote:



cool idea^
Numismaniac
12 years ago
I save em, , have a few projects in mind, and going
triodes
12 years ago
My DIL, took one of my empty Dickel 1.75 liter bottles, filled it with bands of cigars my son and I had smoked and made a lamp out of it.

Looks good.
schreiber
12 years ago
I keep mine in a cigar journal with a few notes about the cigar.
I've also filled up a couple wine bottles with bands too.
youngra
12 years ago
See Wally's post

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/636046/Wanted-Cigar-Bands 

He's lookin for some - sent him all of mine
Sculptor
12 years ago
Sent a request for some of these for reference material. I'll forward them on to Wally plus what I have.
moonman
12 years ago
Mmmmm Morels. Tasty!!! They can be found locally once the warmer months return.

Sorry for the threadjack!

I got loads of bands from as far back as 15 years ago when the love affair began.

I've filled plenty of mason jars & one magnum sized wine bottle.

Once in awhile my wife will see the collection & say "Damn, U smoked that many?"

YUP!🇨🇮
Numismaniac
12 years ago
Good to see you posting, brother. Hope all is well with ya
moonman
12 years ago
Thanx Numi!!! Got some free time on my hands with works new policy of seasonal lay offs.

I hope that you are in good health!
Numismaniac
12 years ago
Above ground is good for me, thanks, my friend
Users browsing this topic