erivera1031
12 years ago
Hey Everyone,

I have a digital hygro-set II hydrometer that when its set to the front of my whitetail humidor to replace the analog hydrometer is set at 61... but if i put the old analog hydrometer in and put the digital in the humidor is shows at 66.

I did salt test and its calibrated. Should i just leave alone? or try to recalibrate? i have beads in it and i feel its accurate except when its set to front. is this something thats a known issue or should i be worried?

Thanks
Eddie
Numismaniac
12 years ago
Numismaniac
12 years ago
I would like to help, but think you are ok with the beads, not sure what you meant on the hygrometer, maybe try that again when not so drunk hehe
cacman
12 years ago
First off I wouldn't recommend the salt test with a digital hygrometer.
Second thought is I wouldn't worry about it. Depending on the size of your humi or cooledor there may be fluctuations in different areas. This is normal.
Sounds like your average is between 61-66 rH that IMHO is close to perfect. Try to keep mine at 65. Don't forget to keep temp below 68°F.

The feel of the cigars and how they smoke will direct you on the best "average zone" for your location.

Good luck
erivera1031
12 years ago
cacman thanks. i thought it was ok but just wanted to verify and be sure.
Users browsing this topic