onetoomany
12 years ago
how often should you or do you retro-hale your cigar? same question for purging a cigar.
edin508
12 years ago
I retrohale all of it, never purge them.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
retrohale prolly 50% of my puffs...
purge when needed.............
triodes
12 years ago
retrohale almost all.

Been smoking cigars decades. Only learned to retrohale from comments here. That opens up a whole new world and experience. Definitely work on it if you haven't done so.

Tried purging every five or six puffs, as indicated by some "knowledgeable" person in a post I can't remember where.

Got bored with it, couldn't tell any difference.

I would purge if I felt it was warranted, but can't recall doing so for quite a while.

m j toal
12 years ago
I'll retro-hale once in while during a smoke. Less towards the end.

I only purge a cigar if it goes out.

I never, and never will, save a cigar that was already lit.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
I retrohale near every puff... about a third to half the smoke... usually the first part of the exhale...

I never purge...

I binge often...
99cobra2881
12 years ago
By retro hale I assume you blow the smoke back out through the cigar?

What's the point of this? I'm all about figuring out ways to improve the smoking experience.
edin508
12 years ago

By retro hale I assume you blow the smoke back out through the cigar?

What's the point of this? I'm all about figuring out ways to improve the smoking experience.

99cobra2881 wrote:


Nada, that would be purging. Retrohaling is blowing the smoke out through your mouth and nose. YouTube it!
triodes
12 years ago
I suggest you don't do your first retrohale with large full strength cigars.

Will be pretty strong.

Start with something milder and smaller ring gauge than you normally smoke.

You can thank me later.

It will likely take a bit before you get the hang of it.

Well worth the effort.
onetoomany
12 years ago

I retrohale near every puff... about a third to half the smoke... usually the first part of the exhale...

I never purge...

I binge often...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




lol i had a geeling someone would drop this
onetoomany
12 years ago
i do retro and it is quite often so now i know im not going overboard with it. it truely brings out flavors you just dont get from a regular draw. but whats the point of purging ur cigar?
smokestaxx
12 years ago
I retro every puff for the most part. Wtf is purge?
delta1
12 years ago
Purging is to blow smoke out through the cigar instead of drawing the smoke into your mouth. I do this when the cigar seems to be going out, the draw gets harder, and the tastes get bitter and harsh. Pushing the smoke back out through the foot of the cigar seems to "cleanse" it some. Poorly rolled cigars will sometimes canoe or burn hot: when they do, I try purging to see if that will help.

If the cigar does go out and it's worth saving and re-lighting, I'll torch it, then purge a few times to prevent the bad tasting residue from hitting my taste buds and palate. I'll also purge when lighting a cigar with matches to avoid the sulfur taste that sometimes happens with matches.

Retrohaling is the primary way for me to "taste" the subtle flavors that my tongue and mouth don't seem to pick up, and I do it on almost every puff. The amount of smoke I push through the nose or release by exhaling through the mouth depends on the strength of the cigar and the volume of smoke it produces.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I purge during and sometimes just after lighting, rarely thereafter. I do not retrohale. When a cigar goes out and I want a relight, I clip the burned part off and relight unless it's just a quick relight.
JoePepin
12 years ago

I retro every puff for the most part. Wtf is purge?

smokestaxx wrote:





Yeah I retro every puff too. I ain't no noob. Purge sounds unpleasant
onetoomany
12 years ago
thanks for the explanation D1=d> very helpful
GhostTown
12 years ago
I guess I always thought retro-haling was the natural thing to do with anything you smoke. I've always done it. I don't think I can put a percentage on it.. Sometimes I let all of the smoke out through my nose, especially if my hands are in my pockets and I'm holding the stick in my mouth. Most of the time it's a 50/50 mix.

I purge a stick of smoke before setting it down to let it cool. Always makes the next draw more pleasant.
reckless
12 years ago
Depending on the stick "I'll retro the whole damn thing". You don't stop posting nonsense like this I'm gonna make you retro a whole damn afhss [ram27bat] just kidding 💓
stogiemonger
12 years ago
I purge after lighting.

I retrohale only a few times during the smoke.

If I set my cigar down, with the intention of coming back to it in 10 minutes, or so, I'll purge it' as to not leave trace smoke to stagnate inside of the cigar.
onetoomany
12 years ago

Depending on the stick "I'll retro the whole damn thing". You don't stop posting nonsense like this I'm gonna make you retro a whole damn afhss [ram27bat] just kidding 💓

reckless wrote:



thats no threat as long as u provide the stick...."i can retro this whole thing" reloba + bklyn choc lol😮
Users browsing this topic