bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Anybody use one of these?

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1655864/Get-A-Grip-Clip-Black/ 


When I'm at the vets hall out on the back pavillion I usually just lay my cigar on the stainless steel bar. So I ordered one of these. I'm hoping it's heavy enough that I can just lay the clamp part on the bar and point the cigar holder part straight up. Or, there are a couple of small PVC conduits out there I can probably clip it to.

:-k

Abrignac
12 years ago
Too much work. I just hold mine in my hand or perch it on an ash tray.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Can't smoke in the building and it's too windy for an ashtray. I've been laying 'em on the bar next to a post and pushing something up against it so it doesn't blow away when I have to go inside. 🍺

When it's not windy, just laying it on the bar works. It's mostly windy.

Note: This is a little bar outside on the pavillion. It's just a structure. No plumbing or anything.
Abrignac
12 years ago
You should have said something. That makes more sense. This Vets hall you speak of, does it serve alcohol? If so, they need let you smoke a cigar while drinking. This place you're at, it's American correct?
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Yeah, the Vets Hall is one of the two bars on the island. When I first got out here a few years ago, we could smoke inside. It's a lot better in there now that there's no smoking. We can smoke out on the patio/pavillion area. It's mostly open with one slatted wall that blocks some of the wind.

We're on a U.S. Army base. The whole island is the base. I think I heard that this is the only Amercan Legion post that is actually on a base.

I'll have to take a photo and post it here one of these days.


Here's a shot of the island... Home Seet Home... ;-)

http://www.smdc.army.mil/smdcphoto_gallery/Kwaj/KMR2.jpg 
Abrignac
12 years ago
Nice, but I'd go stir crazy inside of a week. Thanks but no thanks.
stogiemonger
12 years ago
I have this one and the old plastic cigar minder clips. I prefer the cigar minder. The swivel between the two sides, on the get a grip, is loose, and does not stay put.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/accessories/36914/cigar-minder-cigar-clip/#p-10949 
chazbo
12 years ago
^ +1 the plastic ones are sturdier. I keep both kinds in the golf bag. Only problem is I always forget to take them off the golf cart when I finish the round#-o
For you golfer, take note, every time you go to a golf course tell the pro last time you played you left (cutter, lighter, cigar clip) in the cart. They accumulate !
Chazbo
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Thanks... If this Get a Grip doesn't work out for me I'll try the Cigar Minder next.

Actually, out here in this harsh environment everything rusts and corrodes. Like my 3 speed bicycle shifter. It's rusted into a single gear. Maybe this clip will rust/corrode into one configuration.

;-)

edin508
12 years ago
Yes, I have a few of them and they work great! I keep one on the boat, in the truck and another with my ice fishing gear.
Here is a tip.. Take a small rubber band and wrap it around the middle, where the 2 clips join. Then you can angle the clip any way you want and it stays there.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hey... sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
BuckyB93
12 years ago
Another vote for the Cigar Minder. I used it in my car when I had to get out to fill up for gas or run into the convenience store or whatever.

I lost it somewhere along the way though.

#-o
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
bunch a fancy pants here!
just open yer pocket-knife and lay it on top of the cigar........................that's what a man does in the wind!
JadeRose
12 years ago

bunch a fancy pants here!
I just rest mine on top of wheel's head next to my beer..............that's what a pickle smoocher does in the wind!

KingoftheCove wrote:









GROSS!!
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've had a cigar minder for a year or two and I hardly use it, but when I do it works well. It's great when you are working with your hands, but I just have to get used to using it more.
bloody spaniard
12 years ago
Ohhhhh, Jade! (in my best Pancho and Cisco) lol

bunch a fancy pants here!
just open yer pocket-knife and lay it on top of the cigar........................that's what a man does in the wind!

KingoftheCove wrote:


So you puncture the little nub & smoke it holding the knife?

Hmmmm, that does sound a bit prison assault mariconish, don't it?
KingoftheCove
12 years ago




So you puncture the little nub & smoke it holding the knife?

Hmmmm, that does sound a bit prison assault mariconish, don't it?

bloody spaniard wrote:


Oh goodness NO, my little menstruating Señora de España!
I never said anything about using my knife to hold the cigar WHILE smoking it, merely to keep it from blowing away in the wind................in other words, to keep the object of my enjoyment from leaving my immediate control while I'm resting, or otherwise preoccupied...................not at all prison assault mariconish.......

Several of these fine gentlemen enjoy using fancy plastic clips on their sticks.......................I have no need for such toys............

(Anytime you wanna play "prison johnny"..........................you just let me know)
wheelrite
12 years ago
Nipple Clips ?
Users browsing this topic