akfireguy
12 years ago
Any recommendations on a B&M in DC that I should not miss?


Thanks

Ken
DrafterX
12 years ago
If you find yourself in the middle of Intercourse call Dave at JHC Cigars... 👍
akfireguy
12 years ago
I am not sure what kind of intercourse you are talking about but I am at the Washington plaza hotel.
DrafterX
12 years ago
🤣


I was there a couple months ago and drove up to Penn to see dave & Ram... I met Dsteiger for a couple cigars at a mall bar but the name escapes me right now.... There's a place call Shelly's just a few blocks from the Whitehouse I wandered into but I didn't stay.... Hopefully one of the locals will see your thread and offer more help... Have fun..!! 👍
crgcpro
12 years ago
When are you coming Ken?

Rahul's is 40 minutes away. Civil is a nice cigar lounge owned by the guys at W. Curtis Draper which is a nice shpo. Signature is also nice.

Shelley's back room is a nice bar that allows cigar smoking in the city.

I am 20 minutes away. Let me know when you are coming. Mathen and Dstieger are closeby as well.
dstieger
12 years ago
Drapers' is your place. And Shelly's to smoke them and get a good burger.
crgcpro
12 years ago

🤣


I was there a couple months ago and drove up to Penn to see dave & Ram... I met Dsteiger for a couple cigars at a mall bar but the name escapes me right now.... There's a place call Shelly's just a few blocks from the Whitehouse I wandered into but I didn't stay.... Hopefully one of the locals will see your thread and offer more help... Have fun..!! 👍

DrafterX wrote:



Bassard came to my town and didn't say hello.

[ram27bat] [ram27bat] [ram27bat]


DrafterX
12 years ago

Bassard came to my town and didn't say hello.

[ram27bat] [ram27bat] [ram27bat]


crgcpro wrote:




sorry dude.... I thought I gave everyone warning.... 🤦
mikey1597
12 years ago
Hey, stop in and see Barry. He lives in a house owned by us.
DrafterX
12 years ago
and call for BO (who is named after the arrogant bassard living there).... he would prolly like some attention..... 👍
efinebloom
12 years ago

Drapers' is your place. And Shelly's to smoke them and get a good burger.

dstieger wrote:



ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! You pick up some great sticks at Drapers and then smoke it over drinks AND FOOD at Shelly's.
victor809
12 years ago
Drapers has horrible hours... I never had a chance to actually check the place out, usually closed before I got done with work.
But Shelly's is definitely a great place to smoke/drink.
schreiber
12 years ago

Any recommendations on a B&M in DC that I should not miss?

akfireguy wrote:


I enjoyed Georgetown Tobacco last time I was in DC. Good cigar selection and good staff.
3144 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
(202) 338-5100
DrafterX
12 years ago
dstieger
12 years ago
Drapers' hours do suck. I lived here for years before I found them (DC) open. However, their selection is top notch and service is good.

I dislike Georgetown Tobacco - limited selection, few deals, very limited seating and forget about parking within a half mile

Signature is out towards Bethesda on Wisconsin and has good lounge and great selection - always nice variety of high end Fuente and Viaje, which is unusual for lot of shop's around here

Civil is nice lounge - retail is pretty small, and somewhat expensive, but service is tops

I reiterate that Shellys is great place to relax and smoke indoors - BYO! Selection is Altadis and very high priced, but no cutting fee and since you're buying food and/or drinks, there's no problem smoking your own there
TBWCW
12 years ago
I'm in Arlington for the next 2 months. Bailey's (Ballston) is a good place to smoke them, especially Tuesday nights when they have $3 drafts until 9pm. I personally like the Old Virginia Tobacco Company in the Fashion Centre for buying cigars, although I buy almost everything I smoke on cbid.
dstieger
12 years ago
Tuesdays are usually perfect for me. However, I'm travelling the next two weeks. Any Tuesday evening in March, I'd be up for a herf.
Users browsing this topic