Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
A little while ago I was gifted a Cohiba Chuchill in good faith by someone I'm building a friendship with and tact was definitely required when he broke out the typical glass topped box that had all the hallmarks of the standard counterfeit CCs.

So I thanked him, continued our conversation and went back to enjoying the cigar I was smoking.

This is the first known fake Cohiba I've had, and while I've read the mostly mixed to negative reviews on here and elsewhere, I'm giving it a shot this afternoon. Typical beautiful day in San Diego (don't hate us-we could really use some of ya'll's rain) so it will hopefully be a good way to enjoy the outdoors. Have a second cigar in the 3-figner holder "just in case".

If I don't follow up with my N00B review it'll mean it killed me. Any warnings appreciated! 😰
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
don't die Bur
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

A little while ago I was gifted a Cohiba Chuchill in good faith by someone I'm building a friendship with and tact was definitely required when he broke out the typical glass topped box that had all the hallmarks of the standard counterfeit CCs.

So I thanked him, continued our conversation and went back to enjoying the cigar I was smoking.

This is the first known fake Cohiba I've had, and while I've read the mostly mixed to negative reviews on here and elsewhere, I'm giving it a shot this afternoon. Typical beautiful day in San Diego (don't hate us-we could really use some of ya'll's rain) so it will hopefully be a good way to enjoy the outdoors. Have a second cigar in the 3-figner holder "just in case".

If I don't follow up with my N00B review it'll mean it killed me. Any warnings appreciated! 8-[

Bur wrote:


I've had two fakes..
one was wretched.......and I'm being generous........3 puffs and it took an hour or two to get rid of the taste :-&

the other was simply yard gar quality.....
there are now some "decent" looking Cohiba fakes (from what I hear....) and some are half way OK smokes (yard gar)

the wretched one I mentioned above?...........upon dissection it was all low quality filler, prolly swept off the ground......
99cobra2881
12 years ago
The fakes I was brought have the correct Cohiba band but like above it was a god awful smoke. I choked my way through it but then dissected it to take a look at all the shreds of tobacco. They have a really off smell to them too, I kept them separate from my other cigars and inside a plastic Baggie with no humidity source and they've now started to mold all by themselves.
reckless
12 years ago
Be careful bur some fakes have floor sweeping, hair, plastic and sawdust... I would cut one open just to check
DrafterX
12 years ago
re-gift it... 😟
Propadope61
12 years ago
no such thing as a fake cohiba
Propadope61
12 years ago
My bad.

The glass was fake

Someday I will take up smoking a cigar
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I've been given a couple of fake Cuban cigars. I just pitched them. There is a website out there where you could buy all of the bands etc. that they use in Cuba even the tax stamps and box inserts. Pretty disgusting when you think about it. I won't post a link.
euodias
12 years ago
Guys, I think he might be dead.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Be careful bur some fakes have floor sweeping, hair, plastic and sawdust... I would cut one open just to check

reckless wrote:




That's just wrong.
SRH1
12 years ago

That's just wrong.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:


And accurate.....
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Update #1-work and then motorcycle maintenance that turned into repair ate up my smoking time. will attempt to try this cigar tomorrow.

In the immortal words of Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet."
dharbolt
12 years ago

That's just wrong.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:




true though
tonygraz
12 years ago

Update #1-work and then motorcycle maintenance that turned into repair ate up my smoking time. will attempt to try this cigar tomorrow.

In the immortal words of Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet."

Bur wrote:



Or as Clayton Moore (Lone Ranger) said after his death was mentioned on the Johnny Carson show, reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. Not sure if a Cuban cigar was involved.
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Finally ashing this thing while reviewing some curriculum for typos etc.

So far its burned out on it's own once (and I'm not letting it sit too long) and has about as much taste as a machine made uber-mild smoke. Even my el cheapo, N00B palate ain't digging this cigar. About an inch and a half to go to what looks like a stem right beneath the wrapper.

I ain't skeered. OK yes I am. Hope whoever paid for these didn't spend too much.
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Stopped a little past halfway. Stem looking area was a folded leave I think. Cigar seemed to be all long filler, nothing unusual in there. But nothing with a whole lot of taste either. Mild that got a little more flavorful about halfway for a few puffs then back to a "meh" taste.

Loose but consistent roll-ash wouldn't stay on over about 1/2 inch.

Verdict: Not worth more than a buck since there are plenty of decent yard gars on CBid for that (or less) that have as much going for them as this cigar. If someone thinks they have a real CC and smoke this it would be great for the Dominican and Nicaraguan houses. Hmmmm.
Users browsing this topic