Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Metal lined, seal is brass with no dings. Smells like cedar inside?
This thing is clean.
Question is should and can I use it to keep my sticks in
And will it make my sticks taste like metal?🇨🇮

And no Kombat you can't poop in it.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
Metal lining was commonplace on what are now antique humidors. They are fine to use for your cigars and if they have a lip/edge seal that isn't damaged, they tend to hold humidity very well. Think of it like a tupper-dor that actually seals well, or better yet, an ammo can-idor.

Cedar smell is likely from boxes being stored in there.

Does it come with a ceramic humidifier?
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Metal lining was commonplace on what are now antique humidors. They are fine to use for your cigars and if they have a lip/edge seal that isn't damaged, they tend to hold humidity very well. Think of it like a tupper-dor that actually seals well, or better yet, an ammo can-idor.

Cedar smell is likely from boxes being stored in there.

Does it come with a ceramic humidifier?

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



It doesn't have any humidification device. Looking for something that will handle 500 cigars.
Thanks for the info
illinichaser
12 years ago
Josh, I think it should work well. You just need to get some beads in it and season it a couple of days.
DCLover
12 years ago
How can metal possibly benefit from seasoning?
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

It doesn't have any humidification device. Looking for something that will handle 500 cigars.
Thanks for the info

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



The old ceramic humidifiers that you would dunk in water are a great cigar curio, neat to have, and they do work, but we have better technology now.

Personally, I'd go with HCM/Shilala beads because these things are typically almost airtight if the seals aren't damaged.
illinichaser
12 years ago

How can metal possibly benefit from seasoning?

DCLover wrote:




I suppose you're right, and I was thinking about this incorrectly. Somehow I wasn't thinking all metal line, even though he said it clearly.

I'm a dumb n00b[frypan] [frypan] [frypan]
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

I suppose you're right, and I was thinking about this incorrectly. Somehow I wasn't thinking all metal line, even though he said it clearly.

I'm a dumb n00b[frypan] [frypan] [frypan]

illinichaser wrote:

hey that's why I asked. I wasn't sure. I was looking at metal but smelling Spanish cedar. I never thought of the smell coming from cigar boxes being stored in them

I bought a reg MF petite robusto today at a local B&M, I'm hoping it's as good as the le bijou MF.
illinichaser
12 years ago
Glad you enjoyed the stick. Just wait till you get home and try some of the others. . .
Users browsing this topic