Welmore00
12 years ago
Inside says "By Appointment to His Majesty the King, BENSON & HEDGES, London, New York, and Montreal".
It's a small box with Spanish cedar, I bought for 10 bucks as a project to fix up because it has great potential or just to keep my lighters and cutters in.

Anyone know about theses and should I mess with it?
Thanks
tonygraz
12 years ago
If that's the one they made special for king George II it could be worth thousands, or maybe just 10 bucks.
Brendan992
12 years ago
As a general rule, do not "improve" antiques, as that often leads a significant loss in their appeal and value to would-be collectors.
danmdevries
12 years ago

As a general rule, do not "improve" antiques, as that often leads a significant loss in their appeal and value to would-be collectors.

Brendan992 wrote:



Unless of course you can verify that it's a worthless old pile of crap, then by all means improve it to your liking.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Inside says "By Appointment to His Majesty the King, BENSON & HEDGES, London, New York, and Montreal".
It's a small box with Spanish cedar, I bought for 10 bucks as a project to fix up because it has great potential or just to keep my lighters and cutters in.

Anyone know about theses and should I mess with it?
Thanks

Welmore00 wrote:



Mine says the same thing patent 1919

I want to line it with Spanish cedar. Anyone know a reputable company?
wheelrite
12 years ago

Mine says the same thing patent 1919

I want to line it with Spanish cedar. Anyone know a reputable company?

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



you guys got duped...
Users browsing this topic