QMPASH
  • QMPASH
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
12 years ago
Nica Libre is a brand being pushed by Cigars International and Cigar.com (actually, they are the same company) as a "replacement" for the Padron. As most of you know, that is just "hype" (puffery in Great Britain.) Padron stands head and shoulders above any other cigar presently being made with the exception (at least as far as I know) to a Cuban Cohiba which a friend once gave me. That is not to say that the Nica Libre isn't a good cigar. It is very good and, of course, a lot cheaper than Padron. I recently bought a Nica Libre Double Perfecto from C-Bid and it comes very close to a Padron. Notes of leather,meat, expresso and chocolate kep intermingling and changing. It has a medium body so you get a nice buzz from it. The construction is almost perfect, with a firm cap, lots of smoke and a tight, firm ash (please, no sexual innuendos.) It starts off immediately with flavor and has a nice, long finish. The stick lasted me over an hour and a half and I only had to touch it up twice, which may have been my fault for smoking it so slowly. No, I am not a shill for the cigar. I was interested if any of you have had the same experience with this cigar. w:d/
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
I didn't have a double perfecto, but I had a box pressed one (forget the model). I liked it.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/636647/Nica-Libre-and-Fonseca 
99cobra2881
12 years ago
On my list to try. I don't have any dbl perfectos. They're a good looking cigar regardless of brand.
denali7432
12 years ago
tryed the churchills about 3-4 years ago and loved it, never tryed the double perfecto either, but i will keep a eye open for specials on here
kip5166@gmail.com
12 years ago
Smoked several of the box press toros and robs, good smoke imho. Not AJ best , but a good one for the price
Users browsing this topic