tcarroll
12 years ago
As the heading says, I'm a newbie here and wanted to see how things work around here. Some of you may know my friends CROS and jeff.foxy. CROS told me about this place several months ago and I have been ghost riding the forum until now. I wanted to see what you guys think is the best way for me try a wide range of cigars. I want to form my own option on cigars but if there are cigars that people feel are a couple waste of time, I'd like to know. Thanks guys!

Right now I'm big on the Padron Anniversary and La Aurora 1495.:-"

05busa
12 years ago
I miss my noob jeff.foxy
kombat96
12 years ago
U know and admit to being friends with cros, newb mistake #1
tonygraz
12 years ago
Aurora 1495 is a waste of time IMHO. Ghost rider huh, wait until Ghost hears about that.
dharbolt
12 years ago
Ha you been riding ghostie...
99cobra2881
12 years ago
You're already here the wide range of cigars is soon to follow.

Just start bidding.
tcarroll
12 years ago
Yeah jeff.foxy had a different (funny) way of looking at life. Great guy to be around. As for CROS, our wives are friends so I use "friends" loosely. Ha he's good people.

What is it about the 1495 that you don't like tonygraz?

You have anything done to you Cobra 99
delta1
12 years ago
Welcome tcarroll. Pass the popcorn...
bassman45
12 years ago
Love the 1495 belicoso,great deals on them nowadays.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
If you want to form my own option on cigars then buy as many as you can afford and smoke them. The only ones that I would recommend not buying or smoking are any of the "flavored" cigars. Most if not all of the long filler (hand &/or machine rolled) cigars are smokable and each one will give you more experience in what you like and don't like. I look at it like Edison's quote about the light bulb - "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work." JMO Welcome to the craziness.
tcarroll
12 years ago
I think that's what I like about the 1495. The price was nice and the ones I smoked burned well and I enjoyed the taste. I smoked a EP Carrillo today and that was a nice smoke.



Any Marines or Georgia Tech folks on here?

fiddler898
12 years ago
You found CROS? That alone entitles you to the CI brown Bag special.

(Actually, I once thought I had found CROS myself up among NY's Finger Lakes... alas, it was just his mailbox.)

Welcome. And ignore 98.2% of the wisdom offered here... we're mostly recycled Druid Luddites.
tonygraz
12 years ago

...
What is it about the 1495 that you don't like tonygraz?....

tcarroll wrote:



Everything. Not the worst cigar I have smoked, but very disappointing. No noticable flavor other than tobacco, strong without a reason and there are too many other cigars that I like much better. I may have smoked 3 and gave the other 2 away. Haven;t smoked anything by La Aurora since.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

Everything. Not the worst cigar I have smoked, but very disappointing. No noticable flavor other than tobacco, strong without a reason and there are too many other cigars that I like much better. I may have smoked 3 and gave the other 2 away. Haven;t smoked anything by La Aurora since.

tonygraz wrote:


Normally, I'm with you on giving up on a line after a few bad outings...................but.........La Aurora makes some pretty fine cigars imho......and the few 1495 I had were pretty good.
What I discovered on those (Robusto) is it's easy to overheat them, and once you do that a few times, the cigar turns to crap.
Thus, taking lighter puffs, with longer breaks, lets the subtle flavors be realized and enjoyed
ymmv
tcarroll
12 years ago

You found CROS? That alone entitles you to the CI brown Bag special.

fiddler898 wrote:




He warned me that I might hear a lot about him disappearing. I guess he made it in life so he can afford to only buy from shops these days.

tcarroll
12 years ago
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! Looking forward to learning this whole cigar thing.
nolen
12 years ago
Palama
12 years ago
Aloha from Hawaii. 👍
edin508
12 years ago
DCLover
12 years ago
Users browsing this topic