23mako
  • 23mako
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
Have not made the switch to beads yet and was wondering if there is a difference in brands good and bad. Saw some on amazon that we're priced right
Abrignac
12 years ago
The best beads are the ones that touched the naked breasts of a Mardi Gras reveler.
Palama
12 years ago

The best beads are the ones that touched the naked breasts of a Mardi Gras reveler.

Abrignac wrote:



Such wit!

It's like you never left brother! 👅
Abrignac
12 years ago

It's like you never left brother! 👅

Palama wrote:




Thanks brother. It's good to be back from the dark side.
Palama
12 years ago
OP - just get the Heartfelt beads, you won't be sorry.
jackconrad
12 years ago
I like the flavoured beads..
BuckyB93
12 years ago
The age old discussion... various versions of beads and kitty litter/crystals alternatives.

http://www.cigarbid.com/FORUM/c/posts/616605/Heartfelt-Beads-vs-Exquisicat-Crystals-Whos-Up-For-It 

Totes in the basement and Winedoor upstairs still hold strong on the humidity. The beads and kitty litter are both doing their job with minimal maintenance - I "sprits" them every couple months to maintain about 62-65% RH. I calibrate my hygrometers maybe once a year but based on my history with the beads/litter ... I don't sweat it much.

It works for me and that's all that counts.
nitro6526
12 years ago
Heeeesss back! Good to see you Abrignac.
cacman
12 years ago
Ping Roaster Dude.
There is a difference between HF and other quality archival beads compared to those offered as a BOGO at other places, which can include more powder. You get what you pay for.

There was an old thread that outlined all the science behind beads vs kitty litter but i couldn't find it (different than BuckyB93's).
Beads = Yes. Kitty litter = No!
Philly Jack
12 years ago

Ping Roaster Dude.
There is a difference between HF and other quality archival beads compared to those offered as a BOGO at other places, which can include more powder. You get what you pay for.

There was an old thread that outlined all the science behind beads vs kitty litter but i couldn't find it (different than BuckyB93's).
Beads = Yes. Kitty litter = No!

cacman wrote:


Yeah I got that deal and it wasn't a deal it was all powder Don't cheap out when it comes to taking care of expensive things like cigars. If you had an expensive sports car you wouldn't go to a $5 car wash would you
Plowboy221
12 years ago
I read on ca that if you put aNal beads in your humidor you never have to worry about humidity keeps it perfect and turns all your dog rockets in to rare fuente's. Have yet to try it.
illinichaser
12 years ago
As said above, all beads/kitty litter are not created equal. The effectiveness can be largely affected by the surface area. HF are highly recommended by folks here. I am with Bucky on the kitty litter piece though. I have used it in my cooler. My cooler holds a constant 62-65 % rh, even when I moved and changed climates (Illinois to NC). My cigars smoke great and I don't have to worry about the small stuff.
Ilovetosmoke68
12 years ago

The best beads are the ones that touched the naked breasts of a Mardi Gras reveler.

Abrignac wrote:



You Sick Bastid........



:-k




But I love it!
denali7432
12 years ago
surprised no one said anal beads..lmao
frankj1
12 years ago

surprised no one said anal beads..lmao

denali7432 wrote:


#11
sd72
12 years ago
Ripcoooooooord!!!
Mr Roso
12 years ago
Location is crucial, so what works for some may not work for others. I'd suggest you buy some and give it a try.
Ilovetosmoke68
12 years ago

denali7432 wrote:
surprised no one said anal beads..lmao

Location is crucial, so what works for some may not work for others. I'd suggest you buy some and give it a try.

Mr Roso wrote:





Just keep them out your mouth please.

[-x
SRH1
12 years ago

OP - just get the Heartfelt beads, you won't be sorry.

Palama wrote:



Couldn't agree more. Not worth compromising to save a couple buck to care for a coolidor full of cigars.
Abrignac
12 years ago

denali7432 wrote:
surprised no one said anal beads..lmao





Just keep them out your mouth please.

[-x

Ilovetosmoke68 wrote:



What no a$$ to mouth....
Users browsing this topic