petertchow
12 years ago
I am new this site and love it! I do have a question that I am bidding on. If there is only one item to bid on and I am the winning bid, but someone already did the QB and it still shows me as the winning bid. Am I still bidding on that item or when it ends I already lost to the QB?
reckless
12 years ago
Do you have platinum membership? That makes a difference
denali7432
12 years ago

I am new this site and love it! I do have a question that I am bidding on. If there is only one item to bid on and I am the winning bid, but someone already did the QB and it still shows me as the winning bid. Am I still bidding on that item or when it ends I already lost to the QB?

petertchow wrote:


you know funny you mention this, i myself made a newbie mistake about a month ago, i was bidding on a box and only 1 box was up for bids, it still had 0 bids on it but the opening minimum bid was $55 and it had a quickbuy price of $59..so i put in my bid for $55 and it was a box i been after for a long time..so i said to myself really tony? really your going to risk losing this box over $4?..lol so after i put in my bid for $55 i hit the QB price and bought it for $59..but the auction still went on even though only 1 box was up for bids..so end of the auction i ended up winning 2 boxes..lmao one for $59 and the other for my original bid $55..so i was super happy about it...so i believe if you bid and theres still time and someone else hits QB even if its only 1 item i think your ok cause you got your bid in first..dont quote me on this but im guessing since this is what happened with me.
petertchow
12 years ago
ah, thanks denali7432, I guess I will wait till it ends and see if I do get my item! Hopefully YES!
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
you're still winning.... there is a specified number of lots available for bid (1 in this case) and an unspecified number of boxes available for Quickbuy... the quickbuy option will disappear before the auction ends...
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

I am new this site and love it! I do have a question that I am bidding on. If there is only one item to bid on and I am the winning bid, but someone already did the QB and it still shows me as the winning bid. Am I still bidding on that item or when it ends I already lost to the QB?

petertchow wrote:



If your bid is still showing, I would think that you are still winning the item.

IIRC, there used to be two ways in which QB operated: one where each QB deducts from the total lots available, and one where it does not.

In your case, if it's the former and a second QB buyer comes along, you would lose the auction.

There used to be a way to check if the QBs deducted from the total lots available, I think you used to hover over the QB logo or click a link on the item page and rollover box would indicate which it was. But, now I can't seem to find it.



denali7432
12 years ago

ah, thanks denali7432, I guess I will wait till it ends and see if I do get my item! Hopefully YES!

petertchow wrote:


hardest thing to learn and accept here is to always remember if you lose a item dont beat yourself up..these items come up often daily..theres been times ive been bidding on items and they ended up reaching retail prices and i had to let them go...few weeks down the line same item shows up and i get it for half of what the other guy did..lol so be patient and dont think that if you dont get it now you'll never see it again..
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

you're still winning.... there is a specified number of lots available for bid (1 in this case) and an unspecified number of boxes available for Quickbuy... the quickbuy option will disappear before the auction ends...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Ok. So that's how they do it now.
earthson
12 years ago

Do you have platinum membership? That makes a difference

reckless wrote:



Since you're new, I'll let you in on something else:

DON'T listen to all the trolls about platinum membership! The only "platinum" membership around here has to do with old guys trying to lure you to B&Ms for S&Fs.
petertchow
12 years ago
lol! thanks!
tailgater
12 years ago

Since you're new, I'll let you in on something else:

DON'T listen to all the trolls about platinum membership! The only "platinum" membership around here has to do with old guys trying to lure you to B&Ms for S&Fs.

earthson wrote:



I don't know wtf an S&F is, but it sounds like you found out the hard way.


reckless
12 years ago

Since you're new, I'll let you in on something else:

DON'T listen to all the trolls about platinum membership! The only "platinum" membership around here has to do with old guys trying to lure you to B&Ms for S&Fs.

earthson wrote:


Since your post count is so low let me help you out... there is platinum membership but you must first call 800-830-4590 ask to speak to trish and ask her for it 🤦
earthson
12 years ago

I don't know wtf an S&F is, but it sounds like you found out the hard way.

tailgater wrote:



Not me! Sheeit, dog, I'm smart enough to not get Jerry Sandusky-ed!
Mr Roso
12 years ago

Do you have platinum membership? That makes a difference

reckless wrote:



[frypan]
Mr Roso
12 years ago
To the OP - Take your time and bid wisely. Enjoy the site.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Platinum membership was dropped late last year and replaced with more benefits and is now called Titanium membership.
Users browsing this topic