denali7432
12 years ago
just got my box of aj's new cigars the spectres..i heard about the camp fire smell but i did not think it was going to be this strong..i swear if i did not know i would think this was drew's product with all the crazy artifical scents and flavors here uses..i always take the sticks out of the plastic sleeves and put them back in the box before putting the box in my humi, but this is so strong and in your face i kept them in the wrapper because id rather not have my entire humi and everything inside smell like this..lol i like the smell dont get me wrong its very different..but a word of wraning if you get these keep the wrapper on..
TIGERCDW
12 years ago
Are you related to RAH®?

TIGER
denali7432
12 years ago

Are you related to RAH®?

TIGER

TIGERCDW wrote:


whos rah?
knokmdwn
12 years ago
In all seriousness, I get the jist of what you are saying.............but is there any chance you could at least use the correct terminology so we could figure out what you are refering to?

IE: call the "plastic" something like packaging or cello or whatever you are refering to. No cigars ever come in plastic, not even Roi-Tans. The "wrapper" is the outside layer of TOBACCO, not paper or bubble wrap or whatever you are trying to describe.

If you are going to become a cigar smoker, please at least try to get some of the terminology right.





Thanks for the warning of the "aroma", although not much of an AJ fan here.
tonygraz
12 years ago

whos rah?

denali7432 wrote:



Some Egyptian God, I think.
Plowboy221
12 years ago
Worst cigar I've ever smoked, took two puffs and pitched it. Not my taste
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Worst cigar I've ever smoked, took two puffs and pitched it. Not my taste

Plowboy221 wrote:




A cigar is like a relationship, you gotta have commitment my man.
Grab you another one with a favorite beverage sit down and give her a chance. What was once a biatch, might turn into a beauty. Well that won't every happen with a woman, but you should get the jist.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

In all seriousness, I get the jist of what you are saying.............but is there any chance you could at least use the correct terminology so we could figure out what you are refering to?

IE: call the "plastic" something like packaging or cello or whatever you are refering to. No cigars ever come in plastic, not even Roi-Tans. The "wrapper" is the outside layer of TOBACCO, not paper or bubble wrap or whatever you are trying to describe.

If you are going to become a cigar smoker, please at least try to get some of the terminology right.





Thanks for the warning of the "aroma", although not much of an AJ fan here.

knokmdwn wrote:



Technically some Tubos are plastic. The funny thing is when OP said plastic I thought of Tubos.

Wait, this guy has not "become" a cigar smoker yet? He has been on this site for 5 years.
Plowboy221
12 years ago

A cigar is like a relationship, you gotta have commitment my man.
Grab you another one with a favorite beverage sit down and give her a chance. What was once a biatch, might turn into a beauty. Well that won't every happen with a woman, but you should get the jist.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:




Meh life's to short and I don't have time for crappy cigars. If I don't like a cigar after a certain point I'll just pitch it.

denali7432
12 years ago
depends on what you call a cigar smoker?

dont want to come off like im braging because im not but if i do so be it

i have somewhere around 1500-2000 sticks in my collection

150qt coolerdor filled to the top, and two 112qt coolerdors to the point im picking up another 150qt to empty the other 3 a bit and make finding my sticks easier..i honestly dont even remember what sticks i own past this month cause everything is buried..lol

ive been smoking for about 6 years now..basically i guess had i said cello wrapper i would be considered a bonafide cigar smoker but since i said plastic im considered a cigar noob..lol i guess i found my first cigar snob on this site..
nice to meet you mr.knokmdwn.
robertsccr5
12 years ago
for the record knokmdwn is one of, if not the most, generous hardest hitting dudes on this forum.
knokmdwn
12 years ago

depends on what you call a cigar smoker?

dont want to come off like im braging because im not but if i do so be it

i have somewhere around 1500-2000 sticks in my collection

150qt coolerdor filled to the top, and two 112qt coolerdors to the point im picking up another 150qt to empty the other 3 a bit and make finding my sticks easier..i honestly dont even remember what sticks i own past this month cause everything is buried..lol

ive been smoking for about 6 years now..basically i guess had i said cello wrapper i would be considered a bonafide cigar smoker but since i said plastic im considered a cigar noob..lol i guess i found my first cigar snob on this site..
nice to meet you mr.knokmdwn.

denali7432 wrote:




Not a snob. I have met many here in person and I think they can vouch for me. If you have been smoking for that long (and I don't doubt what you are saying in the least), I would have thought that you would have known the difference amongst the things you were describing. Otherwise, you would come off like this guy.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Forum/c/posts/628009/How-NOT-to-smoke-a-Fuente 

No offense brother, but anyone can buy cigars (and I include myself in that). Anyone can lite and smoke them (given age/law limitations in some states), and we all have what we like and don't like....but since this is a cigar forum, we outta probably try to use the right terminology so that the new guy that doesn't know, can learn. (Plus it's a lot easier for everyone else to understand what you are describing)

There have been a lot of threads lately about wrappers, cello, storing, foil, plastic, shrink wrap, etc. For the guy that really doesn't know, reading all this crap with wrong terminology and mis-information only adds to their confusion. That's all I am saying. Didn't mean to get down on you personally.....and actually I thought I was trying to be pretty f**king polite (which is rare for this site)

Have a good evening.

Ray
knokmdwn
12 years ago

for the record knokmdwn is one of, if not the most, generous hardest hitting dudes on this forum.

robertsccr5 wrote:




Thanks Robert. Hope all is well.
jeferris
12 years ago
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Thanks Robert. Hope all is well.

knokmdwn wrote:



All good here bro. Quick question, in that bomb you hit me with, you added an unbanded Tatuaje, belicoso, very dark about 6.5ish x 48/50. Any idea what it is? Just curious.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago



Thanks for the warning of the "aroma", although not much of an AJ fan here.

knokmdwn wrote:


I don't know Ray.....
I just finished a 2 year old Ruination, that was really quite amazing.........
I'll admit, AJs stuff takes a while.....but dang.....that was one fine cigar I just smoked......
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
I'm guessing the "secret" blend of tobacco includes latakia or something close to it...

latakia was originally discovered when a bumper crop of pipe tobacco leaves were left stored in the rafters of a barn over the winter...

during that winter some peasants burned oak wood fires inside of the barn...

the result was a tobacco so awful that only an englishman and a billy goat could enjoy it...

lots of pipe tobaccos contain latakia...

and that's almost definitely the first time someone has called Ray a snob... an elitest maybe, but a snob?
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

I don't know Ray.....
I just finished a 2 year old Ruination, that was really quite amazing.........
I'll admit, AJs stuff takes a while.....but dang.....that was one fine cigar I just smoked......

KingoftheCove wrote:



I may be one of the few, but I enjoy a lot of AJ's stuff within a couple of weeks off the truck...

I don't keep many sticks on hand these days - certainly not as many as denali or rah - so I smoke them here and there as they come in generally...

The Ruination can be a bit rough but I like the Virtue almost right off the truck...
robertsccr5
12 years ago
So Latakia is AKA fire cured?
knokmdwn
12 years ago

All good here bro. Quick question, in that bomb you hit me with, you added an unbanded Tatuaje, belicoso, very dark about 6.5ish x 48/50. Any idea what it is? Just curious.

robertsccr5 wrote:




Ah man!!! If you would have asked me shortly after I sent it, I could have told you. Now keep in mind that my memory sucks....but I think it was an off size Cohonu '03. I had gotten a bundle (limited) from NHC I think, and pretty sure it was one of those. If I am right, that smoke has about 3 to 4 years of humi time. They were decent when I got them. It otta be really good, if those are in your wheelhouse.
Users browsing this topic