denali7432
12 years ago
shopping around for my cabinet humidor and i found 3 i like..problem im seeing is the dimensions are almost identical, but they claim different cigar count capacity..

cigar tower
22.5'' X 16.5'' X 72'' claims to hold 4,000 count

the verona
22.5'' x 16.5'' x 67'' claims to hold 3,000 count

the barbatus
26'' x 17.25 x 70'' claims to hold 2,000 count


so can i call BS on what they claim to hold and just go with whichever i feel looks nicer since the dimensions are almost identical in all 3?
walksalone
12 years ago
Prolly depends on the size of the sticks me thinks.
Mithrandir
12 years ago
^ absolutely, great marketing tool, 4000 petite coronas will fit. more always seems better in the consumer eye. I've never been able to get near the advertised number of cigars my humis can hold. I'm a large ring smoker and I've figured that 65-70% of advertised number is what I can fit in.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Some make the calculations based on small cigars. I have 2 humidors one was touted as 150 count and the other 300 count. I have around 200 cigars (about 30 or more presidente size) in the 150 count and the 300 count has about 100 in it and it is full (none bigger than a churchill). Sometimes you gotta ask someone that owns one, or at least guess by dimensions and how much space can be humidified.
denali7432
12 years ago
Thanx guys, god I hope I never out grow one of these cabinets lol
sd72
12 years ago
One has quite a few drawers I think. If you only have shelfs and pack it Jenga style......
Buckwheat
12 years ago
Not just in the towers the desktop humidors are just as bad.
DrafterX
12 years ago
and don't forget those 5 finger baggies.. 🤐
bloody spaniard
12 years ago
I agree, the counts always seem to be 40-50% off. Guess the mfgs count "top trays" big enough for a box of cigars. lol

Denali, appears you're relatively new at cigars (couple of years?). If not, my apologies. The humi fever diminishes after a while however. I can't tell you how many humidors I've given away, use as "furniture", or keep in storage after overbuying.
denali7432
12 years ago

I agree, the counts always seem to be 40-50% off. Guess the mfgs count "top trays" big enough for a box of cigars. lol

Denali, appears you're relatively new at cigars (couple of years?). If not, my apologies. The humi fever diminishes after a while however. I can't tell you how many humidors I've given away, use as "furniture", or keep in storage after overbuying.

bloody spaniard wrote:


I agree with you, im just trying to eliminate all my coolerdors and just use one big humidor
look more organized and visually more appealing lol
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

I agree, the counts always seem to be 40-50% off. Guess the mfgs count "top trays" big enough for a box of cigars. lol

Denali, appears you're relatively new at cigars (couple of years?). If not, my apologies. The humi fever diminishes after a while however. I can't tell you how many humidors I've given away, use as "furniture", or keep in storage after overbuying.

bloody spaniard wrote:




I have about 12 - 15 small humidors, one 100-ct humidor and a Chancellor which holds about 2000 cigars. Going around and finding where I've stashed them all is a PIA when its time to refill humidifiers. My Chancellor is much, much prettier than a stack of coolers (which can be found in the garage waiting for camping season to begin!)

Yes, I could give up one of the coolers to my cigars, but we 'need' them for camping....
DBIII
12 years ago
I promised myself and the old lady that after cashing in the 6 desktops, the tower would be the only humidor I would need.......so far so good.
danmdevries
12 years ago
I've often wondered where the stick count comes from. Save for the herf-a-dor boxes with individual slots, the majority of humidor capacity counts seem to be measured in cigarillos or maybe if generous, petit coronas.

I just finished working on brother in laws China humi, claimed 100 capacity and I can't see how 50 would fit. Id say more like 35-40.
Users browsing this topic