Abrignac
12 years ago
Having an Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfecion #2 with a glass of likker. About an inch or so in, the damn wrapper split half way up to the band.

Oh well, at least the whiskey is tasty.

wheelrite
12 years ago
had a Don Carlos explode saturday night,,

never had that happen before with that an AF DC


wheel,
Abrignac
12 years ago

had a Don Carlos explode saturday night,,

never had that happen before with that an AF DC


wheel,

wheelrite wrote:



This is the first Fuente I've ever had a problem with. Fortunately, the wrapper is still burning at about as normal a rate as can be expected.
dharbolt
12 years ago
That sucks brudda. Not had a problem like that with a Fuente before myself. Now ligas.......
kombat96
12 years ago
Send an outrage email
thurson
12 years ago
Gurkhaitis no doubt.
danmdevries
12 years ago

Gurkhaitis no doubt.

thurson wrote:



Glad I'm not the only one that experienced this. WOn't buy another, 90% split/unraveled until unsmokable.
mikey1597
12 years ago

Having an Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfecion #2 with a glass of likker. About an inch or so in, the damn wrapper split half way up to the band.

Oh well, at least the whiskey is tasty.

Abrignac wrote:



Is that the one you posted on FB?
muhren
12 years ago
As an FYI - sometimes (and I'm not sure if this is the case or not) when heat & humidity drastically change from storage to smoke area (i.e. humidor to outside at 20* lower temps) even the best sticks split. Too much humidity stored in the filler on the inside the cigar and not enough humidity outside the cigar.

Bummer it happened, but if you were outside...may explain it a bit.

M
Abrignac
12 years ago

Is that the one you posted on FB?

mikey1597 wrote:




That's the one.
Abrignac
12 years ago

As an FYI - sometimes (and I'm not sure if this is the case or not) when heat & humidity drastically change from storage to smoke area (i.e. humidor to outside at 20* lower temps) even the best sticks split. Too much humidity stored in the filler on the inside the cigar and not enough humidity outside the cigar.

Bummer it happened, but if you were outside...may explain it a bit.

M

muhren wrote:



The wrapper was already had a 3/4" long split when I took it out of the humidor. It has been in there for at least 6 months. I checked the other ones in that humidor and they are all fine. Some have been in that humidor for more than 2 years. The humidor is at 65%. Humidity outside was prolly about 70-80%. House temp is about 73 degrees. Outside was about 80.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've had very few problems with Gurkhas splitting, but then I have had minimal problems with most of the cigars I smoke. I must be doing something right. My major splitting comes when I have to drawpoke a tight cigar and it splits in the drawpoker- and that's most likely because the cigar is rolled too tight. Liga IV is a prime example of this.
muhren
12 years ago

The wrapper was already had a 3/4" long split when I took it out of the humidor. It has been in there for at least 6 months. I checked the other ones in that humidor and they are all fine. Some have been in that humidor for more than 2 years. The humidor is at 65%. Humidity outside was prolly about 70-80%. House temp is about 73 degrees. Outside was about 80.

Abrignac wrote:



If the wrapper splitting was at the foot, it was too humid/too close to the humidification device.

If it was up the cigar a bit...ya got me!?

M
sd72
12 years ago
I thought maybe you passed by a mirror, and took a good look.
Abrignac
12 years ago

If the wrapper splitting was at the foot, it was too humid/too close to the humidification device.

If it was up the cigar a bit...ya got me!?

M

muhren wrote:




It started at the foot, but none of the other smokes had a split in their wrappers. Who knows. I smoked it. It was enjoyable despite the split wrapper.
Abrignac
12 years ago

I thought maybe you passed by a mirror, and took a good look.

sd72 wrote:



Not me. Unlike some people know, I don't spend much time staring at myself in the mirror.

I'm not going to name any names, though.

cough, couch SD72 cough, cough
Users browsing this topic