Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
I'm just curious about the general census of how long is too long for relighting a cigar.
A) if it dies it's pitched
B) 15 minutes
C) 1 hour
D) 3 hours
E) 12 hours
F) 1 day
G) couple days
H) it's never too late
reckless
12 years ago

I'm just curious about the general census of how long is too long for relighting a cigar.
A) if it dies it's pitched
B) 15 minutes
C) 1 hour
D) 3 hours
E) 12 hours
F) 1 day
G) couple days
H) it's never too late

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:


How much were you enjoying it? What time of year is it? Have you been drinking? I have done A-H with mixed results Next time try posting an actual poll nuub [whip]
Mithrandir
12 years ago
15 minutes max for me. I would be hard pressed to let a premium lie around for any amount of time, other than an emergency. I like to carve out specific amounts of time to dedicate to the cigar...........it's sort of like making love to your cigar.....wow, what a freak i am! Just call me Monica!
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

How much were you enjoying it? What time of year is it? Have you been drinking? I have done A-H with mixed results Next time try posting an actual poll nuub [whip]

reckless wrote:



3 hours. I was enjoying it. But got sidetracked. Not drinking.
99cobra2881
12 years ago
Relight that sum bitch purge it a few times and press on!
denali7432
12 years ago
i ran into this situation last week, was around 1130pm, really had a craving for taco burrito king, but they were closing in 30 minute and i had just lit a stick around 6x54 in size so easily over a hour..10 minutes into it i just rested it on my stinky ash tray went got my food, ate..and 2 hours later around 2am went back out to the gaage i cut off about half an inch from were it went out and re-lit it, and to be honest i did not notice a change in quality or flavor i enjoyed it very much..so most i ever went was 2 hours
reckless
12 years ago
I once pinched a RyJ tubo cc and put it back into the metal tube (started raining) and found it again 2 weeks later and man was that thing good but I was pretty drunk playin golf at the time.
crgcpro
12 years ago
1 day max but make sure to purge it well before and after relighting or it will be harsh. If you relight and it's harsh, just pitch it.
danmdevries
12 years ago
I've relit a couple the next day. Sometimes it works, sometimes the stick is shot.

I don't make a habit of it though.
Buckwheat
12 years ago

Relight that sum bitch purge it a few times and press on!

99cobra2881 wrote:



+1

I relit one that had sat outside all night one time; I doubt that I would do it a second time. I purged it a couple of times and it still wasn't any good so I pitched it and got a new smoke. YMMV

tonygraz
12 years ago
If you are going to relight, it is best to cut/clip off the burned portion before relighting. I wouldn't even bother relighting after an hour or so.

Reck - maybe it became fire cured in the tube🙄 .
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

If you are going to relight, it is best to cut/clip off the burned portion before relighting. I wouldn't even bother relighting after an hour or so.

Reck - maybe it became fire cured in the tube🙄 .

tonygraz wrote:



Gotcha thanks all for the input
madspackler
12 years ago

1 day max but make sure to purge it well before and after relighting or it will be harsh. If you relight and it's harsh, just pitch it.

crgcpro wrote:



+1 - The Pro Knows....
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

If you are going to relight, it is best to cut/clip off the burned portion before relighting. I wouldn't even bother relighting after an hour or so.

Reck - maybe it became fire cured in the tube🙄 .

tonygraz wrote:



I think Reck was fire water cured
Users browsing this topic