denali7432
12 years ago
So in my coolerdor, its filled to the top, its reading 68 to 70 and my beads are all white they need
spraying visually but my humidity is where I want it to be, are the sticks creating thier own
humidity is that why its not dropping? When I open the door it does drop to about 64 to 66
then goes back to where it was..or should I still spray the beads?
cacman
12 years ago
If it's not broke, don't fix it. Sounds like your beads are working correctly.
Your cigars will tell you what they need.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

If it's not broke, don't fix it. Sounds like your beads are working correctly.
Your cigars will tell you what they need.

cacman wrote:



Good to know
denali7432
12 years ago
Thats what I was thinking, they have created a nice home for themselves almost being
self sufficient and relying on themselves without needing me to get involved..and they smoke
great so I guess they are rewarding me for not getting involved in their business lol
crgcpro
12 years ago
68-70 is too high for most of us. Get them down to 63-65 and they will burn and smoke much better!
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

68-70 is too high for most of us. Get them down to 63-65 and they will burn and smoke much better!

crgcpro wrote:



Also good to know.
danmdevries
12 years ago
On the advice of others, I've dropped my target rh and replaced my 70% beads with 65's in my hybrid humi.

Without spraying, most of my beads went clear, but still sitting at 68.

Pulled the beads this morning. Still 68 despite opening twice to grab a smoke.

It would seem the tobacco and cedar has a greater ability to regulate rh than I gave credit.

Id say if you're happy with your cigars performance, let it be, they're happy, you're happy.
denali7432
12 years ago
I have thought about getting 65% beads to see how they would smoke, if I were to do this
how long would it take for the sticks to take on the characteristic of that to go from 70 to 65
basically to smoke it and say yes this is what 65 smokes like
danmdevries
12 years ago

I have thought about getting 65% beads to see how they would smoke, if I were to do this
how long would it take for the sticks to take on the characteristic of that to go from 70 to 65
basically to smoke it and say yes this is what 65 smokes like

denali7432 wrote:



Dunno for certain but have been told to let my rott sticks sit up to 2 months to acclimate to the rh in my humidor.

05busa
12 years ago
Spray it like a flower
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
At what percentage do you need to start worrying about mold?
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

At what percentage do you need to start worrying about mold?

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



Generally speaking with 65-80F temps, anything in the low 70's or greater can be at risk from my experience.
cacman
12 years ago

68-70 is too high for most of us. Get them down to 63-65 and they will burn and smoke much better!

crgcpro wrote:


Yep!
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Fuq going to go pop the lids now. Those humidity bars ain't worth a flip. To much humidity
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

Fuq going to go pop the lids now. Those humidity bars ain't worth a flip. To much humidity

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



The ones with foam in them? AKA "Credo"?

Yeah, the problem with them is that they lack the ability to absorb excess humidity.

cacman
12 years ago

I have thought about getting 65% beads to see how they would smoke, if I were to do this
how long would it take for the sticks to take on the characteristic of that to go from 70 to 65
basically to smoke it and say yes this is what 65 smokes like

denali7432 wrote:


IMHO go with 65% quality beads. Sounds like your humi has stabilized and should only take a short time re-acclimate. IME it's harder to raise the rH than lower it.
DBIII
12 years ago
Here is some Heartfelt advise, get some of their 65% beads. After that, enjoy your smokes much more and thank one of these vets by sending them a 5er of your finest smokes. Your welcome.
delta1
12 years ago

I have thought about getting 65% beads to see how they would smoke, if I were to do this
how long would it take for the sticks to take on the characteristic of that to go from 70 to 65
basically to smoke it and say yes this is what 65 smokes like

denali7432 wrote:



One way to reduce the moisture in your cigar is to use a "dry box." If you have an empty cigar box, put a hygrometer into it and close the lid. Don't add any humidifier...leave it closed and empty over night. If it is much lower than 68-70rh, put some of your cigars into it for a day or two, and it will absorb some of the moisture from the cigars.

If your empties have a higher rh, you can use a hairdryer or put the empties into an oven at low heat for a few minutes to dry them out.
denali7432
12 years ago
just ordered 2 lbs of 65%, thanx for the advice guys
danmdevries
12 years ago

just ordered 2 lbs of 65%, thanx for the advice guys

denali7432 wrote:



You won't be disappointed.

Best thing I ever did for my cigars.
Users browsing this topic