05busa
  • 05busa
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
I do too......they arent bad as long as they dont blow up. The cellar reserve wasnt bad and i like some of the older ones too. I like the knives
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

I do too......they arent bad as long as they dont blow up.

05busa wrote:



So, that's like, what, 6 out of every 100?
Palama
12 years ago
Never had one but the Krazy Killah Korean sent me one the other day. It's a fat sucka!
delta1
12 years ago
Of the few I've had some have been good, others not so good. Only had a couple blow up on me. None have been good enough to want more, even at steep discount.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Busa,
Have you had the Gurkha Beast that's on private auction right now.
Mithrandir
12 years ago
Anniversario, Warlord, and Royal Brigade were 3 i enjoyed. Got caught up in the hype a while back. maybe have half a dozen in the humi now.
JadeRose
12 years ago
There have been a couple that I loved. The G5 was a great smoke and I really loved the Micro Batch TPB-1. Sadly...both gone.
danmdevries
12 years ago
Problem is, after I enjoyed two warlords, I bought s third and it blew up. Fourth plugged and blew up. Bought a 10pc sampler and 7 plugged and unraveled, the other 3 were awful and I put em out early
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
I've smoked a few Gurkhas and I liked most of them, Beast, Titan, Centurian, Park Avenue, and some of the older ones that I've forgotten what they were called... and I don't specifically recall any construction issues with any of them. 🤔

Edit: Oh, well, there was this Ancient Warrior the other day... but that was because it was after midnight, kinda dark on the VH patio, and I accidentally started unwraveling it as I took it out of the cello. 🤦
Legacy
12 years ago
I'll buy some if at the right price < $2.00 (shipped) on CBid and only in larger rings. The construction is lacking, even to (downright) rough but they seem to use aged leaf of good but not exceptional quality. These are not of the quality of Gurkhas that I've had in the past. I agree with JadeRose that the G5 was a good smoke. Either way, I've never had a Gurkhas that I would call a superior smoke.

For me, the key is to cut them carefully. An incremental guillotine cutter, like the cheap (but good) Black Ops available on CBid, should help keep the stick from exploding.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
I used to like the old Titan, then my tastes changed. I did have Titan blow-up in my face with a shockingly loud snap that ripped a 1 inch gash in the middle of the cigar, just as I was puffing on it.
I was dumbfounded, and my heart rate jumped a bit.
When I'm in the mood for a dull, steady, dry cedar only profile cigar, I reach for a Centurian. Luckily, I have 2 left, which will last me 2 life-times.
denali7432
12 years ago
i had a gurkha yesterday that i was doing anything and everything to not like and smoke bad..lol but i couldnt..thats how much i loved it and i cant believe im saying this..but when i smoke a cigar i rate it has a 5 packer or a box buy and this for me was easily a box buy..it was the gurkha widow maker maduro XO series 6x60..i have some in church hill as well and i will see how that compares..then again i will smoke a few more of the 6x60 just to make sure its consistant and i didnt just get lucky..
Numismaniac
12 years ago
NO,

But, I went to grab some empty boxes at my local the other day. Haven't been in since last fall, and the owner was telling another customer that they had a Gurkha event the previous weekend and it was one of THE busiest EVER, hehehehehehehe. I see those big scary boxes sitting on the top shelf, LOL

I wouldn't have showed up even for the freebies.
denali7432
12 years ago
ive come to notice that as many people that dont like gurkha there is double the amount that do love gurkha..to each his own..i do like some of there product, the beauty, the titan, but if you really want to change your out look on gurkha i highly..highly highly yes 3 highly's suggest you give the gurkha rogue a try...you will not believe you are holding a gurkha product in your hand..i have tryed them in every size and have never been dissapointed and combined in all sizes i have smoked almost 2 boxes worth and still have not ran into anything less then a stellar and enjoyable cigar..the two best size out of all are the rascal and the Armageddon, when ever i see a special on this stick or a price i feel to be fair i stock up regardless of how many i still have in stock..
JadeRose
12 years ago

ive come to notice that as many people that dont like gurkha there is double the amount that do love gurkha..to each his own..i do like some of there product, the beauty, the titan, but if you really want to change your out look on gurkha i highly..highly highly yes 3 highly's suggest you give the gurkha rogue a try...you will not believe you are holding a gurkha product in your hand..i have tryed them in every size and have never been dissapointed and combined in all sizes i have smoked almost 2 boxes worth and still have not ran into anything less then a stellar and enjoyable cigar..the two best size out of all are the rascal and the Armageddon, when ever i see a special on this stick or a price i feel to be fair i stock up regardless of how many i still have in stock..

denali7432 wrote:





I could give a crap about the name "Gurkha". If I like it, I'll smoke it. Gurkha is the new Puros Indios around here. Guys used to do nothing but slag on them. But somebody must like them...they sell a helluva lot of them.
dharbolt
12 years ago

Busa,
Have you had the Gurkha Beast that's on private auction right now.

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:




Don't do it
tonygraz
12 years ago

There have been a couple that I loved. The G5 was a great smoke and I really loved the Micro Batch TPB-1. Sadly...both gone.

JadeRose wrote:



CBID has had a few of the G5s singles in the last couple of weeks. I got 2 of them and will be letting them sit a while- hope they are good ones.
denali7432
12 years ago
yeah i saw a few auction for the G5 a few days ago..yup still there toro sized, i believe 5 sticks
shaun341
12 years ago
Ghost and Rogue were the 2 I have had so far. Ghost was surprisingly good, not sure what they go for on here but probably worth a 5er if cheap. Rogue needed a lot of time in the humi and I couldn't finish it. Wrapper split in 100 spots on the rogue also.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

CBID has had a few of the G5s singles in the last couple of weeks. I got 2 of them and will be letting them sit a while- hope they are good ones.

tonygraz wrote:



hmmmm.... new CI exclusive I'm sure...
Users browsing this topic