spectresquad
12 years ago
I am taking a bit of time on land before my next sailing date. I want to throw a few good Herf parties at the 49er RV Ranch in Columbia California. There are quite a few cigar smokers who come through, and I have the great job of Campfire Host this season. We have several great venues around us, 19 different vineyards all with their own tasting rooms, and some with food. There are also 3 different caverns, and several lakes. So for the cigar smoking fisherman, there is something to do, for the wine coneseur, or just lush, there are many wineries to visit, one being Ironstone which has the largest nugget ever found in the USA at something like 70 some odd pounds, Yep it is the size of a steamer trunk.

I want to make the visits worth while, and so besides ample time to trade our wares, visit some wineries and try to eat and drink them out of business, Have some great campfires with excellent live music, what would you like so see at a first class HERF experience?

🍺 🇨🇮
05busa
12 years ago
send me samples of some wine
spectresquad
12 years ago
Busa I will take that under advisement.
05busa
12 years ago
So many wines so little time
knokmdwn
12 years ago

I am taking a bit of time on land before my next sailing date. I want to throw a few good Herf parties at the 49er RV Ranch in Columbia California. There are quite a few cigar smokers who come through, and I have the great job of Campfire Host this season. We have several great venues around us, 19 different vineyards all with their own tasting rooms, and some with food. There are also 3 different caverns, and several lakes. So for the cigar smoking fisherman, there is something to do, for the wine coneseur, or just lush, there are many wineries to visit, one being Ironstone which has the largest nugget ever found in the USA at something like 70 some odd pounds, Yep it is the size of a steamer trunk.

I want to make the visits worth while, and so besides ample time to trade our wares, visit some wineries and try to eat and drink them out of business, Have some great campfires with excellent live music, what would you like so see at a first class HERF experience?

🍺 🇨🇮

spectresquad wrote:




I have been to more than just a few of these. I have been to ones where the host cooked a whole pig, I have been to ones that the host supplied a couple BBQ's and everyone brought stuff. I have been to ones that the host supplied a keg of beer, etc, etc. Also been to ones that were held somewhere that you could order food and drink and sit and smoke and visit to your hearts' content.

I really like all the senarios but for me, it's always alot less hassle if I know I am going to a place where I can order food and beverage and have it served to me.

If you've got a campfire, would you also have a grilling spit?.................and maybe someone that would offer to grill? Just me .02 cents.

BTW, where the heck is Columbia, California? I am thinking up north somewhere.....above Napa?
thurson
12 years ago

I have been to more than just a few of these. I have been to ones where the host cooked a whole pig, I have been to ones that the host supplied a couple BBQ's and everyone brought stuff. I have been to ones that the host supplied a keg of beer, etc, etc. Also been to ones that were held somewhere that you could order food and drink and sit and smoke and visit to your hearts' content.

I really like all the senarios but for me, it's always alot less hassle if I know I am going to a place where I can order food and beverage and have it served to me.

If you've got a campfire, would you also have a grilling spit?.................and maybe someone that would offer to grill? Just me .02 cents.

BTW, where the heck is Columbia, California? I am thinking up north somewhere.....above Napa?

knokmdwn wrote:



East of Stockton in the foothills off of Hwy. 49 between Angels Camp and Sonora. Historic gold rush town with a great restaurant in the hotel.
spectresquad
12 years ago
Thanks for the input. I am going to enjoy my self while i am on land, and widen my horizons with the cigar folks here so that as i travel the seas, I can be of more assistance back home.
T Z
  • T Z
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
The main thing about a herf is just get together and relax .booze does help with the BSing.
spectresquad
12 years ago
I did a test run through last weekend and found a few cigar people in the group so I offered them a few freebees, and let them know of the desire to have a Herf around here. I hope things come together before the weather gets too hot. Today I was in shorts and a tank top, and it is only March.
Users browsing this topic