Bitter Klinger
12 years ago

First off, its about the story, not the brand - so for now, the brand stays mute.

Bought a stick I been wanting to try for a while at a local B&M. Let it rest a few days then ashed it. It rocked! Great taste, excellent construction, expected a pepper monster and it delivered and then some. New favorite, time to stock up. Snapped up 5 more at a couple other B&M's (yes, I'm blessed with 5 B&Ms within a 10 mile radius). Let 'em rest. It's last Saturday nite, and me wants the pepper. Drink on, snack on. Toast 'er up, take a draw and...Nothin'. I mean completly nothing. I see smoke, I smell smoke, I taste nothing. I figure, maybe this one's a li'l shy - so I venture on, waiting for something - anything...WTF? I'm an inch down, feeling punk'd at paying retail for a friggin airball. I let it go out, pissed. Dug a different brand out, and soldiered on wanting to enjoy my Sat. nite.

So, what to do? I've never had this happen before with any brand. Granted I've only been into premiums for a short time, so maybe this isn't uncommon? I'm not sure whether to just fire another one up and see what happens or what. I've never returned a cigar. I think I'd feel wierd in doing so, I mean isn't cigars like fruit? Perishable and stuff? I'm kinda pissed that I paid retail for what I'm sure is at minimum a defective smoke, though not for construction. Write the Label? Take the rest back? Smok 'em in the the yard and STFU? These ain't dollar sticks, money doesn't grow on trees, yada yada yada..I dunno.

Anyone else have this hapen?
sd72
12 years ago
Start a Facebook page rallying against the company.
shaun341
12 years ago
Smoke another one maybe it was a dud.
shaun341
12 years ago
Or go SDs route
sd72
12 years ago
Name your page DOGS.
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago

Start a Facebook page rallying against the company.

sd72 wrote:



Wheel would be proud. Ya'll related?
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
Coming from different B&Ms, often times you can't be sure of the production dates on the cigars and how long the B&M had them, nor how they were stored.

Or it's an inconsistent cigar, it happens.
sd72
12 years ago
I don't think we're related. I'm 6'1".
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
So the "airball" was the same exact same cigar (vitola, etc.) as the good one, but came from a different shop.

"Snapped up 5 more at a couple other B&M's"

You went to a few other shops, to buy 5 more of this particular cigar? So, you bought 2 here, and 2 there, and one more over yonder......something like that?

The most important question is.....do you know which shop sold you the airball?

Then, did you buy more than one from that shop?

I'd smoke another one from a different shop first, and see what happens.

Then, depending on the outcome (good or bad), you'll have some decisions to make.
Abrignac
12 years ago
What was this mystery stick you spoke of?
knokmdwn
12 years ago
Serious answer.........................You can get "air balls" once in a while. I just had one with a wet pack Tat. I believe I posted on it here. I smoked a second out of the 5er I got and it was fine.

You could go 2 ways.

1) take them back to the B&M you got them from. Explain the situation and offer to sit and smoke one with the owner of the B&M (give him one of your's and you both smoke um) If they are fine, problem solved and you probably made a good contact and maybe a good cigar friend. He will appreciate they way you handled it because you went into it level headed, calm and friendly.

2) you smoke a second one yourself and see if it's ok. If so, problem solved. If not, see #1.



Remember, the cigar was once a growing living plant. Shiiit happens.
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago
3 sticks from one shop, 2 from another. Then stuck 'em all in a cbid fiver baggie - no idea which was from where, unfortunately.

King & Knokmdown, I like your suggestion, and I've kinda been there, sorta. My tobacconist is good guy, and as we ashed a couple together this weekend, I explained what happened (and that I couldn't be sure which were his). He thinks I should hit the label up with the story and see what they think. He had a similiar experience with the same stick, and felt bad, but didn't know how the owner (who's not always present) would feel about a return. Which was his idea, I didn't ask to return them.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
well - in that case........might as well smoke another and see what happens...
then, before doing anything else.....
smoke another, and see what happens....

if they both suq?....well, keep smoking the rest of them and hope they don't suq..

then, from now on, just buy them from the first shop that sold you da good one
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
Okay let me get this right airball= no flavor?

1. Can same make cigars be that different?

2. Doesn't cigars go through like 300 hands before you get em and chit

3. Don't cigar makers do a quality control check. Draw check machine, ring gauge, etc.. If they don't pass for construction or cosmetic thrown in the seconds pile?

4. Is it possible that it is a cheap cigar with a premo band? Does that happen often?


Sounds like a crummy deal. But you handled it well.
wallyguitar
12 years ago
As others have mentioned, smoke another 1 or 2 of them and see if you get the same airball results. If they smoke fine, the airball is most likely an accident. Probably from a different stock, made a different time, different roller, different pile of leaves... I wouldn't create a facebook page about the company just yet... stick with tweeting about it for now. #airball #primodud
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago
Good replies, thanks. I'll spark another sometime this week and see what happens, then another. Hopefully it was just a dud.

BK
QMPASH
12 years ago
🐴 One time I bought a "fiver" from Famous called '90 Miles" and liked it, so I bought another fiver and liked that as well. Then I decided to buy a box. Almost every cigar in the box, with the exception of one or two cigars, was a dud. I haven't bought anything from Famous since. 🐴
tonygraz
12 years ago
noob mistake- mentioning any competitor of CBID is a no-no. You will now have to wait 8 more years before you can be considered for platinum status.

READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING !
Users browsing this topic