frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
Looking to get a v cutter and wondering what most people have. Have you have any issues with them yet?
Weapon X
12 years ago
I have a Xikar, don't use it too much anymore, not sure why.
Ndill
12 years ago
Ahhh, I do love the V.....cut that is. Xikar
dharbolt
12 years ago
I have a 3 dollar cheapo from the b&m, I don't use it all that much but when it gets dull I just go get another.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Xikar. I love it. Very precise. I just used it on a Camacho to slow down the smoke. I've used it and had to recut for an x cut for a JdN to keep it from going out. Then just for the hell of it I did an * cut (3 cuts) on a Gurkha Warlord and it never once messed with the cap. It's damn near fool proof
Palama
12 years ago
I use a Xikar at home and when I go out to herf, a cheapie plastic one that you can get here for $1.00 a piece (...if you get lucky...). Xikar has been perfect. Cheapie does the job and I don't worry about it when I'm out and about. Would hate to lose the Xikar.
Mithrandir
12 years ago
was gifted a table top 4 port cigar cutter that accommodates small ring and large ring cigars for guillotine and v cut. V cut trumps guillotine in spades. cap stays in tact and you don't get that loose tobaccy in your mouth. Still get a lot of smoke from a v cut and it looks like a girlie part.
sd72
12 years ago
I thought girlie parts didn't interest you?
Philly Jack
12 years ago
Xikar it is one of my go to cutters
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Wolf cutter......for the win
tonygraz
12 years ago
CBID cheapy, don't use it much gave a 2nd one away.
Mithrandir
12 years ago

I thought girlie parts didn't interest you?

sd72 wrote:



I might be old but I'm not dead=d>
wheelrite
shaun341
12 years ago
I had a cheapie but it went dull and been using my xi2 mostly. MJToal had a cool one, it did straight cuts and v cuts forgot to ask him where he got though
dharbolt
12 years ago
^^^ What happened to that dude? ^^^
shaun341
12 years ago
Hibernating I think. Haven't seen him on the boards in awhile. Maybe a bombing run would wake him
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
The way the Xikar is designed the blades rub against the frame, self sharpening itself.
I'm a fan of the X cut as well.

+1 for Xikar v-cut.
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
Alright... I love my xi2 but needed experienced opinions on something I have only used once before. Time to seek one out.
triodes
12 years ago
xikar v-cutter

Is what I use the most by far.
efinebloom
12 years ago
Xikar for sure.
Users browsing this topic