danmdevries
12 years ago
Anyone smoked one? Bought one with plans to throw it in a trade bomb, but bombed my brother in law with it, and a desktop full of cigars.

He suggested we smoke one each after beerfest which is coming up mid May. So I bought another.

My initial purchase involved no plan to actually smoke it, reviews are mixed but most reputable sources say its novelty only.

My question is, who's had one, and how should I optimize it's storage condition to ensure it's smokable? Brother in law keeps at 70/70. I keep at 65/55-60f.

Or are they purely novelties and I shouldn't expect much?
DrafterX
12 years ago
🤔
racking my brain but I can't remember who smoked one at the fish'in herf several years ago... 🤔
DrafterX
12 years ago
seems like it took a while to get it going but it worked out.. 🤔
Weapon X
12 years ago
I smoked one a couple years back, wasn't that memorable.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
Gimmick cigar. Even Jon will tell you that. Save it for a puff puff punishment pass.
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
Btw, I've tried one in a pass, it's not "bad" but it's pretty forgettable.
danmdevries
12 years ago

Gimmick cigar. Even Jon will tell you that. Save it for a puff puff punishment pass.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Was the intent, but brother in law wants to smoke one, so I'm going along with the plan. We'll be thoroughly trashed after beer fest, so not looking for something good, just wanting to optimize condition for smoking one.
05busa
12 years ago
Its not bad, i had 2 i think. It takes about 2 hrs to smoke and it is messy. I might still hav a few
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

Was the intent, but brother in law wants to smoke one, so I'm going along with the plan. We'll be thoroughly trashed after beer fest, so not looking for something good, just wanting to optimize condition for smoking one.

danmdevries wrote:



Meh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's short filler, so even if it's a little tight at the start, once you hit the blub in the cigar, assuming it wasn't drastically over packed, it should open up and draw fine.
ah42266
12 years ago
the Connecticut is garbage. Like smoking dry paper with a horrible burn Never smoked the maduro.
danmdevries
12 years ago

Meh, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's short filler, so even if it's a little tight at the start, once you hit the blub in the cigar, assuming it wasn't drastically over packed, it should open up and draw fine.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:



Gotcha. This is the answer I was searching. Thank you.

danmdevries
12 years ago

the Connecticut is garbage. Like smoking dry paper with a horrible burn Never smoked the maduro.

ah42266 wrote:



Im sure the maduro is just the same
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
It looks like a hog bawl with a stick in it.
Talk about a sophisticated cigar.

Whatcha smokin thar billy bob?
Hawg nut!
How's tha flava?
Nutty!
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
Didn't someone around here punch one in the middle and light both ends? I thought I remember seeing that in a picture thread.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Didn't someone around here punch one in the middle and light both ends? I thought I remember seeing that in a picture thread.

frozenphoenix1 wrote:



Mountain oyster draw



Suck da bawl
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago

Didn't someone around here punch one in the middle and light both ends? I thought I remember seeing that in a picture thread.

frozenphoenix1 wrote:



That was probably me, and it was a Gurkha perfecto.

TMCTLT
12 years ago

It looks like a hog bawl with a stick in it.
Talk about a sophisticated cigar.

Whatcha smokin thar billy bob?
Hawg nut!
How's tha flava?
Nutty!

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:




Josh, If'n I'd have known you were down for ashing one of these I'd have sent you a well aged maduro version 🍺
May have to try Adams ( thunder gerbils ) Gurkha perfecto trick on it this summer with da BIL's on Independence Day!!! Be worth a chuckle 🌫
Bitter Klinger
12 years ago
Theres some pretty funny youtubes of people smoking them, none have much good to say. I almost bought one, then had a moment of clarity, and didn't.

Now, an Opus football, you got one of them and you got sumpin' there...
knokmdwn
12 years ago

That was probably me, and it was a Gurkha perfecto.

Thunder.Gerbil wrote:




And he loved it...........can't stop talking about it.

#-o 🍺
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

Josh, If'n I'd have known you were down for ashing one of these I'd have sent you a well aged maduro version 🍺
May have to try Adams ( thunder gerbils ) Gurkha perfecto trick on it this summer with da BIL's on Independence Day!!! Be worth a chuckle 🌫

TMCTLT wrote:



Definitely worth a chuckle

Hawg Bawlin' it

Should have been named Hawg Bawl IMHO
Users browsing this topic