opelmanta1900
12 years ago
Usually Saturday mornings consist of my getting poked, prodded, and kicked into waking up by an 11 month old wild child... well that still happened this morning, but mom and baby need some bonding time, so I immediately headed to the garage with a cigar, which I rarely get to do...

sitting here smoking an ep cardinal nat.... not a bad morning smoke...

constructing some little ultralight spinning lures out of lure making supplies I've had for literally 15 years...

listening to 6 Blade Knife by csny...

I miss this... but I guess in another 25 years or so I'll get to do it a lot more often...
Mr Roso
12 years ago
Dire Straits👍

🇨🇮
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
yup... duh! 🤦

in fairness I'm listening to a mix on my phone and Our House was on next...
dharbolt
12 years ago
sounds like a nice morning, I have 2 little ones, this morning their mother took them to a parade at the local library and I got to have a JL #2 on the porch with coffee. Small victories make life better brother.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
yup... it's the little moments... cuz the big ones are almost certainly going to be ruined...
dharbolt
12 years ago

yup... it's the little moments... cuz the big ones are almost certainly going to be ruined...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




You know it brother.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
I tried the sneaking off thing, trying to make time for myself to have a cigar when mine were young.......................just too much of a pain.

So........I just quit for about 14+ years................looking back, now that I'm almost 4 year back into the hobby......................I'm really glad I made that choice.............so many upsides, only one self-centered downside......
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
well now I just feel guilty...
Palama
12 years ago

well now I just feel guilty...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



No worries, you're just fine. Now if you spent nearly all of your waking hours devoted to cigars / cigar-related things then I would think you should feel guilty.
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
yall making me scared
dharbolt
12 years ago
You should be scared
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

well now I just feel guilty...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


Don't.......not my intentions obviously.
Everyone has a different situation.....and mine was different to be sure......we had our two small ones, AND....very often, my wife's twin brother's 2 small ones, and sometimes one or two older cousins as well...... our house was basically a day-care center.
For 5 of those years I worked out of a home office as well......so I was fortunate in that I spent lots of time with my kids when they were young, so I was around the house pretty much 24/7.
Also, back then, I wasn't nearly into the hobby as I am now.........smoked maybe 30 to 40 cigars per year....had a small humi, etc.
"Quitting" was very easy, and more of an after-thought than a big decision really.
Users browsing this topic