robertsccr5
12 years ago
I am hoping for some type of Sumatra. Also hoping for some corona, lonsdale, lancero type sizes.

Anyone heard anything?
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
ur almost like the steve (sd72) for ramon.

bueso whore lol
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
but +1 on a smaller RG. that'd be really interesting.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
A lancero seems interesting. New to em myself. Well, new to it all. With that aside yesterday I had my first lancero and I for one am hopping on the bandwagon. It may be just because it's something new that worked for me but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Also, the Bueso gentleman makes a dandy stogie. I could see that going lancero.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

ur almost like the steve (sd72) for ramon.

bueso whore lol

gae9jang2j wrote:



Lol I really think Bueso is an amazing brand. Excellent tasting and performing tobacco for incredibly low prices. If he can blend good cigars with inexpensive tobacco, imagine what he could do with super premium products.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
had a couple 5ers of the genesis robusto from here not too long ago... every last one of them had undertones of musty hay/ barn-like odor... very similar to gran habano stuff... never used to get this on these... it was very disappointing... doubt I'll pick any up ever again... the odyssey is - at best - a $2 cigar... not a bad one, just not great...
danmdevries
12 years ago
I'll tell you what it'll be.

Delicious, and cheap.

Or if he goes for more premium tobaccos, delicious and not cheap.

I'm a huge fan of the Odysseys and Genesis. Genesis is the only cigar I've had that I've bought a second box. And that one's almost empty. Odysseys going to hit second box soon,
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

had a couple 5ers of the genesis robusto from here not too long ago... every last one of them had undertones of musty hay/ barn-like odor... very similar to gran habano stuff... never used to get this on these... it was very disappointing... doubt I'll pick any up ever again... the odyssey is - at best - a $2 cigar... not a bad one, just not great...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


how long did you let them sit?
I don't even consider smoking a Genesis until it has at least 6 months, and a year is better.
I just grabbed 6 fivers of Genesis Toros at $10/ea....... I'll check them for that barnyard grassy odor......then its off to the cooler for a long nap

opelmanta1900
12 years ago
they didn't rest long... yes, a genesis with 6 months on it is a totally different cigar, but I've smoked plenty of fresh ones and never got the gran habano barnyard taste on any of them before.... having aged many a gran habano when I was a younger smoker, I don't think that musty flavor ever goes away, even with age... I could be completely wrong... but still probably won't go back for more genesis...
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

they didn't rest long... yes, a genesis with 6 months on it is a totally different cigar, but I've smoked plenty of fresh ones and never got the gran habano barnyard taste on any of them before.... having aged many a gran habano when I was a younger smoker, I don't think that musty flavor ever goes away, even with age... I could be completely wrong... but still probably won't go back for more genesis...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


Opel ..........I really really hope you're wrong on this and just got a bad batch or three...........I've only had one bad Genesis (a Robusto) and it was somewhat nasty......about a year ago or so............and I've smoked a good many of these, in all vitolas, and have many boxes worth resting
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
let me know what your next shipment of them is like... I've had a ton of good ones and very few bad ones until this last 10er... I too hope I am mistaken...
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Gae sent me a yellow cello genesis. Can't wait to light it up. I love odyssey in the morning with coffee.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

had a couple 5ers of the genesis robusto from here not too long ago... every last one of them had undertones of musty hay/ barn-like odor... very similar to gran habano stuff... never used to get this on these... it was very disappointing... doubt I'll pick any up ever again... the odyssey is - at best - a $2 cigar... not a bad one, just not great...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


Picked up a few of these 3 months ago (a fiver or Robs, 3 Toros) and decided to try a Rob this morning with coffee...................

meh......airball.....no flavor, at all......and that's hard to do.
Perfect draw and burn, lots of smoke............and nothing.....hard draw, soft draw, 100% retrohale....no flavor, dry finish.
Not offensive at all, cause there was nothing there.

I see why they can often be had for $1/ea.

I'll re-visit in 4 months, but I doubt things will improve.
robertsccr5
12 years ago
Interesting, coincidentally I also had one this morning. I get good flavor in mine. Not full at all, mild to medium flavor at best, but it's there, it's light and perfect for my morning.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

Interesting, coincidentally I also had one this morning. I get good flavor in mine. Not full at all, mild to medium flavor at best, but it's there, it's light and perfect for my morning.

robertsccr5 wrote:


OK - you talked me into it.....maybe I got a bland one.
I'll try one again next weekend.
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
slightly above average connie type. for under $2.
nolen
12 years ago
These are simply great cigars made by one of the masters. They are a fabulous example of Honduran tobacco - which tends to be my favorite tobacco. I too would love to see a Sumatra.
Users browsing this topic