bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
So, I'm at work watching the weather radar just before shift change at midnight. My relief shows up without a raincoat and says he waited for the rain to stop before riding down. Cool. But then I headed out the door and there was a light sprinkle going on... so I put on my light rain jacket and headed off. I was gonna go on home tonight, but the light sprinkle got heavier so, naturally, I pulled in at the Vets Hall.

Lately it seems there have been less people pulling cigars out of the humidor so I've just been putting in good cigars that I like. So I pull out a Man-o-War Side Project and grabbed a Kona Fire Rock.

The Side Project turned out to be a good smoke, but, even so, I discovered that I really don't prefer the FTFT...
That's the Flat Tapered Freakin' Tip. It was a good cigar and good smoke and good flavor, but the flat tapered tip just didn't seem right. But, I did smoke it down to about an inch and a half... before it started getting hot.

After that I was gonna go on home, but I checked the weather radar again on one of the TVs and saw another green blob barreling down on us so I pulled out a Herrera Esteli. That was a very good 'normal' smoke. Great taste. Good smoke volume. Smoked it down to about a half inch. Very good cigar.

At that point there was still a bit of rain going on, but I hopped on the bicycle and headed home, you guessed it, into the driving wind and heavy sprinkling of rain.

🇨🇮


JGKAMIN
12 years ago
The 52C? Love it and actually love the chisel tip.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hmmm... don't actually remember the 'model'. There's no facility here to search your orders for stuff that was ordered. I put in a request with customer service some time ago to have some sort of search ability in your order history. The reply was that it was a great idea... but nothing ever came of it.

This Man-o-War Side Project also might have been part of a sampler.

danmdevries
12 years ago
Yeah, the 52c has the chisel tip. Bought a box of em, sent several out in trades, only have 4 left. Haven't tried em yet though...
billyboy03
12 years ago
I like the chisel tip, great for hands free smoking imo
triodes
12 years ago

Man-o-War Side Project

bs_kwaj wrote:


Always makes me think of the Side Project Little Devil.

My son loves them.

Smoked an AF best seller, the AF flavor profile just doesn't do much for me and I didn't finish it.

Fired up a little Devil, stunningly similar flavor profile. Didn't finish the Litlle Devil either.

My son loves AF, and also the Little Devil.

Only Side Projects I have had.
bs_kwaj
  • bs_kwaj
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Hey... found it. It is the 52C.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1689093 

Not a bad deal. It's $40 retail.
Users browsing this topic