shaun341
12 years ago
Not another plume or mold thread. I was curious what is the youngest cigar you have had in your collection with plume?

I have yet to see it in person. Now granted the oldest cigar I have is maybe 2 yrs. I have bought or been gifted older ones but still have yet to see plume.
crgcpro
12 years ago
"11" Liberty last year.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
Based upon my anecdotal evidence I don't think that age is the prime factor in plume. I have some pretty old cigars in my collection (i.e. +20 YO) and none of them have plume on them. I vaguely recall that oils and moisture in the wrapper are what become plume. I will say that I haven't seen plume on any CC's in my collection. Could be that I keep the humidity around 60% and the temp low between 60 and 70 F. Others can probably give you more information. JMO
shaun341
12 years ago
I keep my humidity around 60 also. Temp is mostly at 64. I have a mix of cc and nc and my nc collection is definitely older then my cc. At least in my possession it is.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I've had 2 and both around the 3 year age, one kept cooler than the other. I have multiples of each of those cigars, but plume only on one of each. Got me baffled. I have older cigars and none of them have plume.
billyboy03
12 years ago
I tryed a Foundry from a bm and it had plume on it, it had to be less than 1 yr, old, never seen plume on any of my cigars
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Got some Padilla 68' Oscuro Solomons on closeout from cbid in 09/10' that plumed within 6 months.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago
My entire box of VSG's were loaded with plume at about year 3.........Now at year 5 they appear to have been dipped in sugar.Unfortunately that box is almost gone and my dumbass failed to buy a replacement box a couple years ago.

I had a box of Perdomo2 Maduro Torfecto's that plumed very young......under 2 years.Sadly those have been gone a long time and that line was dropped.The naturals were my favorite.

As for Habano's the only sticks that I've ever had plume were some LGC MDO2's............I forgot about the last 5 or so,after being forgotten about for 3 or 4 years they plumed out big time.Makes me wish I wouldn't have smoked the others so young.These were definately the cream of the crop.

Ron
SRH1
12 years ago

"11" Liberty last year.

crgcpro wrote:


Ditto
marc palanzo
12 years ago

Based upon my anecdotal evidence I don't think that age is the prime factor in plume. I have some pretty old cigars in my collection (i.e. +20 YO) and none of them have plume on them. I vaguely recall that oils and moisture in the wrapper are what become plume. I will say that I haven't seen plume on any CC's in my collection. Could be that I keep the humidity around 60% and the temp low between 60 and 70 F. Others can probably give you more information. JMO

Buckwheat wrote:



I agree. I bought some MBII'2 in Key West in March 2008 that had some plume on them. You do the math.
crgcpro
12 years ago
I've got some partial boxes of Opus with plume. They are all 7-12 years old now and they plumed within the last couple of years.
dharbolt
12 years ago
I have some cojuno 2012 maduros that have plume on them. The capas, not so much.
knokmdwn
12 years ago

Based upon my anecdotal evidence I don't think that age is the prime factor in plume. I have some pretty old cigars in my collection (i.e. +20 YO) and none of them have plume on them. I vaguely recall that oils and moisture in the wrapper are what become plume. I will say that I haven't seen plume on any CC's in my collection. Could be that I keep the humidity around 60% and the temp low between 60 and 70 F. Others can probably give you more information. JMO

Buckwheat wrote:




Agree here. Age is not necessarily the major factor. Some cigars never plume. Some tend to plume pretty quickly (VSG's in my experience). I have had a few cc's with a very light plume.....almost just looked dull and dusty. Most of the plumed cigars I have or have run into are non-C's.
deadeyedick
12 years ago
One of my local B&Ms has about 4-5 different Tats with plume showing on them. Can't remember which ones but I think I remember they were the Miami's in particular. Not sure of the age.

DED
wheelrite
12 years ago
I thought I had plume once but it was only coke I spilled on a smoke....

my bad

wheel,,
knokmdwn
12 years ago

I thought I had plume once but it was only coke I spilled on a smoke....

my bad

wheel,,

wheelrite wrote:




You're suppose to lick the shiit off before you light up.....
wheelrite
12 years ago
euodias
12 years ago
I got a box of mag48s where about bottom half of the was covered in plume. Other than that, maybe a few tats. I've never had a VSG plume, but I always leave them in the cello. Does that affect things 😉
danmdevries
12 years ago
It's never plume.
earthson
12 years ago
About 3 years or so, but I'm strictly humi (no cooler/tupper/wineador), so every once in a while, my sticks get Tetris-ed, which definitely affects plume formation. And I have as of yet to see plume form on a cello-ed stick. I'm sure it can happen, but you'd have to leave that sucker motionless for several years.
Users browsing this topic