Abrignac
12 years ago
Why all the fuss over larger ring gauges? I smoking a 56 at the moment. Though the cigar has a really good flavor profile, I just don't like the mouth feel.
spectresquad
12 years ago
it is like everything else, it is subjective. Smoke whatever you like, and don't let the latest fashion statement ruin your enjoyment.🌫
eye2
12 years ago
Sometimes a real big ring gauge cigar is good at the golf course. In case somebody accidentally steps on it while it's laying in the tee area while it's your turn to spank the ball way out into the fairway.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I kinda liked the ones I've tried as they were pretty good smokes. My size preference has gone from a 42-44 ring to a 48-54 ring and I can see the possibility of it heading back the other way to smaller ring sizes as the little guys are now taking up more room than ever.
billyboy03
12 years ago
I like the mouth feel of the smaller ring cigars/ the 52+ sizes have great taste also I would buy those when I started cigars more bang for my buck, but now I buy a lot more of the smaller ring size.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago
Mouthfeel and ring gauge sizes.........


Where is Wheel when we need him?


Ron
lsufran
12 years ago
I guess its a harder move for people who've been smoking for a lot of years. I started smoking only a couple of years back, and it seems to me I jumped onto a Maduro and big ring gauge train... I like a 52-56 ring, because that's what I first started with... smaller rings gauges feel funny in my hands...
Mithrandir
12 years ago

it is like everything else, it is subjective. Smoke whatever you like, and don't let the latest fashion statement ruin your enjoyment.🌫

spectresquad wrote:



tru dat! I only smoke large ring sizes because of the flavor and smoke volume. since i buy from cbid, i pay the same for the large ring size as i would the smaller ring. if i only have time for a 20-30 minute smoke, i want to enjoy it as best i can and don't have a problem with tossing the rest at these great prices.🌫 🌫
Whistlebritches
12 years ago
Once you give the smaller ring gauges a true shot more than likely you'll convert.I'm not saying smaller ring gauges are better in all cigars but in most cases they are.The wrapper is responsible for most of the flavor so increasing the wrapper to filler/binder ratio just makes sense.I smoke lots of PC's and they usually last as long as a robusto for some reason.Granted I am a slow smoker and to enjoy the smaller ring gauges it's imperative that you slow down as to not overheat them.So if you gobble down 7x60's in less than an hour maybe the monster RG's are for you.


Ron
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
In your face. I picked up an Asylum 13 Ogre 6 80. I may never smoke it but I have it. Yippie!!!
frankj1
12 years ago

Once you give the smaller ring gauges a true shot more than likely you'll convert.I'm not saying smaller ring gauges are better in all cigars but in most cases they are.The wrapper is responsible for most of the flavor so increasing the wrapper to filler/binder ratio just makes sense.I smoke lots of PC's and they usually last as long as a robusto for some reason.Granted I am a slow smoker and to enjoy the smaller ring gauges it's imperative that you slow down as to not overheat them.So if you gobble down 7x60's in less than an hour maybe the monster RG's are for you.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:


agree. there are a few smokes I still like in certain larger sizes (some #2 cc's etc) but for the most part it has been moving toward some robustos and corona gordas but more coronas and pc's. And they seem to last a lot longer than I would have believed.
wheelrite
12 years ago
The only large gauge smoke I like is Partagas Black..


wheel,
stogiemonger
12 years ago
42-44 is the ideal rg for me.

The mouth feel of larger rg's (52+) turn me off, unless it is box pressed, or a perfecto.
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
If it tastes good I'm smoking it.
Don't like the real large gauges though, but then again if it's a good stick I won't hesitate.
delta1
12 years ago
dunno why, but I like drinking beer out of a bottle that is prolly 66 ring guage, but do not like cigars bigger than 52-54 rg...???

What's the ring gauge of the average female nipple???
Users browsing this topic