eye2
  • eye2
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
12 years ago
Somewhere recently it was read that ammonia is used in the treatment of cigar tobacco. Now that it's known, the taste of ammonia appears to be noticed on several different brands. :-&

The question is, are cigars we buy online and at the local cigar shops ready to be smoked? Or do they all have to sit for quite awhile?

Thanks
nolen
12 years ago
Tobacco naturally gives off ammonia as it ferments. I've not had much trouble with domestically available cigars. Every once in a great while, I'll come across a stick with an ammonia problem, but not often. It's the Cubans to watch in my experience.
Mr Roso
12 years ago
online - I let them sit for a couple of weeks.
local B&M - are usually good to go, depending on the condition. Some places are better than others.
Users browsing this topic