larrycan
12 years ago
Has anyone tried the PDR or Fernandez overruns yet? What say?
dlandri21
12 years ago
The aj's aren't bad. I hace a bunch that look like ovals, but I can't tell if they're the real deal.
12 years ago
The AJ aren't bad. I'm going to try and give them some more time in the humidor thoufh
QMPASH
12 years ago
I have never had much luck with "overruns," "house brands,""seconds" or "knock-offs." In most cases, at least in my opinion, they are usually dog-rockets . Even though you might "save" a few dollars, it just isn't worth taking the chance. 😳
shaun341
12 years ago
The only overruns I have tried were the my father ones. TJ gifted me one and it was pretty good so I got to try them first.

Now I am not sure if I have enough humi space to keep overruns stocked.
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

I have never had much luck with "overruns," "house brands,""seconds" or "knock-offs." In most cases, at least in my opinion, they are usually dog-rockets . Even though you might "save" a few dollars, it just isn't worth taking the chance. [-x

QMPASH wrote:



You're comparing four different things here.

House brands are products exclusive to a distributor.

Seconds are cigars that for some reason or another, didn't make the cut. For the most part, the issue is a blemish on the wrapper but not always and not absolutely.

Knock-offs are made to be very similar to another cigar. Depending upon your sensitivity to one of the components, they may taste different to you....or they could be a lousy knock-off of the original.

Overruns are cigars that were made for a distributor's order but weren't needed to fulfill said order. There are always more cigars made because of the possibility of bad cigars - blemishes, failing a draw test, etc. They are typically first quality but since the order was complete, they aren't banded or boxed to save the expense.
dstieger
12 years ago

I have never had much luck with "overruns," "house brands,""seconds" or "knock-offs." In most cases, at least in my opinion, they are usually dog-rockets . Even though you might "save" a few dollars, it just isn't worth taking the chance. [-x

QMPASH wrote:




Four different things, but three with something in common: overruns, seconds and knock-offs all use the name of an established or successful cigar to sell them --- but if they were as 'good' as their namesake, they wouldn't need to be sold cheaper as overruns, seconds or knock-offs. House brands, admittedly, are a whole other thing and run the gamut -- however, I will admit that 90+% that I've tried compare unfavorably to even run-of-the-mill Altadis/General cigars.
DrMaddVibe
12 years ago

You're comparing four different things here.

House brands are products exclusive to a distributor.

Seconds are cigars that for some reason or another, didn't make the cut. For the most part, the issue is a blemish on the wrapper but not always and not absolutely.

Knock-offs are made to be very similar to another cigar. Depending upon your sensitivity to one of the components, they may taste different to you....or they could be a lousy knock-off of the original.

Overruns are cigars that were made for a distributor's order but weren't needed to fulfill said order. There are always more cigars made because of the possibility of bad cigars - blemishes, failing a draw test, etc. They are typically first quality but since the order was complete, they aren't banded or boxed to save the expense.

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:




What have you done with SvenR???
larrycan
12 years ago
Whats with the mothership offering a special this weekend on AJF overruns at a price lower than the quick buy price posted on c-bid
shaun341
12 years ago
They are offering AJF overruns at a price lower then the quick buy price posted on c-bid on the mothership for a special this weekend, not that complicated.
dlandri21
12 years ago
I have a bunch of them i'd like to unload.
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
Haven't had the PDR or AJ overruns mentioned, but I did by a bundle of Nicaraugan Ligero Seconds some time ago. And the handful I put in the Vets Hall humidor have smoked and tasted good... of the 4 or 5 I've smoked recently.



JGKAMIN
12 years ago

They are offering AJF overruns at a price lower then the quick buy price posted on c-bid on the mothership for a special this weekend, not that complicated.

shaun341 wrote:


But the listing also says they will be done with AJs overruns once these sell out. Anybody know why?
kayfabe58
12 years ago
got AJ once , they were san miguels (pretty sure) eh.....
Users browsing this topic