Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
So I used to go to one rarely (as a noob) and always asked for either a flat "can we make this $40" or "can I have smoke for the road?" (a $3 petit). Now I've found one where I can sit and smoke as well and it seems less likely to do that there. Question is, do I go to B&M asking for discounts and look like a fool or pay regular and look like a fool?
denis007
12 years ago
I would always ask for some sort of discount at thr BM. I have befriended the owner of the one near me. Now anytime I go in I get some sort of discount whether its one stick or a bunch of stuff.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Kinda my stance, it couldn't hurt to ask right?
denis007
12 years ago
I mean just from being on sites such as this one we all know how much they really cost. So I think some sort of bargining is set into their prices. Unless of course your a total noob or just dont care about saving a buck.s
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
seems like bad etiquette to me... if you want a deal on smokes, get them online... you pay what you do at a shop because they're keeping the lights on, running the air in the summer and heat in the winter, keeping a large humidor stocked, keeping staff on hand, and providing you with a nice place to sit and smoke and maybe watch some tv...

if you went to my local and asked for a deal they'd likely ask you to leave...
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Good BM etiquette is to spray and leave the fan on or window open.
DCLover
12 years ago
Never asked, except the time I told them I was buying a box online at this price. I'll buy it here if you can match it. Normally get 10% everything, but I've spent enough there. They probably figured it's the least they could do. My shop protects me!
DCLover
12 years ago
damn autocorrect, can't spell shpo
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

damn autocorrect, can't spell shpo

DCLover wrote:



I was thinking it as I read it too (least they could do). I went in one once and never saw the owner till the 3rd time I was there. With a straight poker face, "I've been here 3 times now, I want 100% off." He was in awe but the real dinger was the guy shopping, poor man must've thought I was robbing the place the way he looked at me-fear
denis007
12 years ago
I would not walk into a BM for the first time, and try to get a deal. However if you go to the same one all the time, they do it for their loyal customers. I do agree you are paying for the experiance, and should respect the hard work it takes to create it.
streetrod
12 years ago

seems like bad etiquette to me... if you want a deal on smokes, get them online... you pay what you do at a shop because they're keeping the lights on, running the air in the summer and heat in the winter, keeping a large humidor stocked, keeping staff on hand, and providing you with a nice place to sit and smoke and maybe watch some tv...

if you went to my local and asked for a deal they'd likely ask you to leave...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



+1
dkeage
12 years ago
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
I'm just gonna tell em to take off an extra $10 when I buy $50 and tell him I'll smoke outside
dkeage
12 years ago

I'm just gonna tell em to take off an extra $10 when I buy $50 and tell him I'll smoke outside

Puffnstuff79 wrote:


Tell em???


WTF...
Abrignac
12 years ago

seems like bad etiquette to me... if you want a deal on smokes, get them online... you pay what you do at a shop because they're keeping the lights on, running the air in the summer and heat in the winter, keeping a large humidor stocked, keeping staff on hand, and providing you with a nice place to sit and smoke and maybe watch some tv...

if you went to my local and asked for a deal they'd likely ask you to leave...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




My thoughts exactly.

With the B&M you're paying for the value add. If you were a regular you would prolly get 10% off. Somebody has to buy the chit paper when you need to unload.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

Tell em???


WTF...

dkeage wrote:



Yeah, just read the above comment from Abrignac, my shpo couldn't wipe their a$$ without me
mikey1597
12 years ago
I've never asked my local for a discount. They have a huge kick ass smoking area, friendly attentive employees, they let you bring in your smokes and drinks, I've seen the owner pass out smokes to try, just a great place. When I do go there to hang out and smoke I make it a point to buy some cuz we gotta keep the place open.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

I've never asked my local for a discount. They have a huge kick ass smoking area, friendly attentive employees, they let you bring in your smokes and drinks, I've seen the owner pass out smokes to try, just a great place. When I do go there to hang out and smoke I make it a point to buy some cuz we gotta keep the place open.

mikey1597 wrote:



This is the right attitude to have...

the question shouldn't be "do I ask for a discount" but "do I buy an extra stick on my way out even though I know it costs a bit more because I like this place and want to make sure it's still here next month"...
dkeage
12 years ago

Yeah, just read the above comment from Abrignac, my shpo couldn't wipe their a$$ without me

Puffnstuff79 wrote:


I'm guessing the 79 in your handle is your birth year.... Or IQ
frankj1
12 years ago

I've never asked my local for a discount. They have a huge kick ass smoking area, friendly attentive employees, they let you bring in your smokes and drinks, I've seen the owner pass out smokes to try, just a great place. When I do go there to hang out and smoke I make it a point to buy some cuz we gotta keep the place open.

mikey1597 wrote:


sounds right. I've never asked for anything but sometimes he tosses in one or two or doesn't charge for one or two. I'm thinking I get treated well.
Users browsing this topic